Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA250 Santiago to Heathrow 22 Mar returns to SCL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA250 Santiago to Heathrow 22 Mar returns to SCL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by simonsmith
They have had no communication at all from BA and it’s all getting a bit confusing . They have tried ringing BA who have been unable to give them any useful information. The poor hotel reception is the only place that people have to go to to ask .
It was delayed until 1500 today then 2130 and on the app it now says 1500 again but I am not sure if that’s today or tomorrow.
They need to be back by Tuesday as their Dad / Grandfathers funeral is then . Travelling as married couple and adult son .
The app says 1500 + 2 (from the 22nd) which is tomorrow (24th). So arriving back on Monday morning (25th).

At the moment!!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
They have been put on LATAM leaving shortly to Madrid on to LHR downgraded from PE to Economy but at least they will get home . Thanks all
surryson, Sigwx and DeathSlam like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by surryson
I would suspect - and I’m not sticking up for them - but they are trying to secure a replacement weather radar, fit it and then test it. Without doing so, they can’t really set and communicate an ETD.
Correct. The return time and date is as identified for the time being. The fault had occurred on the LHR SCL leg, was cleared then reoccurred on the SCL LHR leg so further fault finding and a replacement the likely fix unless Boeing/Honeywell come back with a miracle fix.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by simonsmith
They have been put on LATAM leaving shortly to Madrid on to LHR downgraded from PE to Economy but at least they will get home . Thanks all
Glad to hear they’ve been rebooked and condolences for the reasons they are embarking on the journey.
simonsmith, BA or bust and PETER01 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:12 pm

Just to tidy up for anyone else reading who was on or has anyone they know on this disrupted service, it has finally obtained a loaned part and on the way to LHR. It got going in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.