Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help - No PNR email received but money taken

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Hi!

I’ve made a booking to go to JFK and back however I’ve received no booking ref but the money has been taken from my account. Does anyone know the best person to contact about this?

thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think you will need to give more details. Did you make a note of the PNR when it came up on screen? If so then this should work:
ba.com/receipt
alternatively RAM/ Finnair (particularly their email link), Qantas etc will give you the information.

If you did not take down the PNR then you will need to call to get that PNR, and then use the tools above. It's not unusual, if booked on a Sunday night, for emails to arrive a bit late. If this a booking outside of self-serve then it can take a number of days since it willl need manual ticketing. If you are on the BA app / included your BAEC number then it may show up there.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:27 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
There have been significant issues since Friday with some online bookings not being ticketed, so they are being processed manually. Customers may need to use the booking reference obtained at the time of booking, to request their receipt online, or call up for more information. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
I was trying to make a booking on Friday and it failed ' Web Socket Error ' BA.com and App both said ... it got as far as the Amex 'SafeKey' verification and I ended up with a pending charge on the card from one of the attempts .. but then it failed and no booking appeared to have been made

Made the booking fine then the next morning .. I'm assuming the pending charge for the failed booking will just evaporate ( if it does turn into a real charge I'll call up , but previous experience suggests it won't )

If the OP had a similar experience to me then it's possible that no booking was made at all , best thing to do I'd suggest would be to call up BA with the flight details and ask do you have a booking for the flights in question ( and if so is it ticketed )
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
OP - if you used Amex to book there should be a ticket number beginning 125 on your Amex statement
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BERbound
OP - if you used Amex to book there should be a ticket number beginning 125 on your Amex statement
Same with my Master Card. BA would use the e-ticket number as reference in the posting.
The process how it happend in the past was, that BA will create a kind of block during the booking, once the ticket was created, the original block will be converted into the final cc posting with the e-ticket number attached.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
I was trying to make a booking on Friday and it failed ' Web Socket Error ' BA.com and App both said ... it got as far as the Amex 'SafeKey' verification and I ended up with a pending charge on the card from one of the attempts .. but then it failed and no booking appeared to have been made

Made the booking fine then the next morning .. I'm assuming the pending charge for the failed booking will just evaporate ( if it does turn into a real charge I'll call up , but previous experience suggests it won't )

If the OP had a similar experience to me then it's possible that no booking was made at all , best thing to do I'd suggest would be to call up BA with the flight details and ask do you have a booking for the flights in question ( and if so is it ticketed )
Had this happen last night - did the non booked payment disappear in the end?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:22 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I had a similar issue with a booking I made yesterday morning. The email eventually came through about 9pm, almost 12 hours later.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by rarelyfly23
Had this happen last night - did the non booked payment disappear in the end?
Yes .. the pending charge disappeared after a couple of days
rarelyfly23 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.