Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Moet & Chandon Concorde first flight champagne

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Bottle found while clearing out eaves of an old house. Anyone know of the value? Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Provenance will be key. Without it zip, with it, some value but who knows how much. I would not be holding my breath.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:09 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by jwillis29
Bottle found while clearing out eaves of an old house. Anyone know of the value? Thanks!
Is this a special commemorative bottle? e.g. with BA co-branding.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
As for first reply, provenance /guarantee of storage conditions, is key, otherwise you are only buy the container basically…

Unfortunately Champagne has most often been stored badly by individuals, stood up in a cabinet in a warm room…

edit: there was an auction last September for a similar bottle plus another commemorative champagne bottle and the pair sold for Ł160 Auction result

personally I would think a value of Ł60-100 tops for your bottle (I have bought wine and champagne at auction for years, champagne single bottles from private sales have a drinkable % IME of 10-20% max so I bet accordingly)
BA or bust and SteveF like this.

Last edited by marcopizzaiuolo; Mar 18, 2024 at 6:18 pm
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:38 am

Programs: FB
Keep it

Hello, drink it. Very few people know how delicious maderised champagne is. I for one would give any case of champagne (apart from really exceptional Krug) for a few bottles of maderised champagne. Bocuse was a great fan.
Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Agree with others that the resale value is likely to be in ‘nice meal out’ territory rather than ‘substantial contribution to retirement fund’ territory.

So, drink it, flog it, or if you were feeling generous, donate it to one of the museums that house Concorde. Might be fitting to have a genuine bottle of bubbles sitting in the galley.
BA or bust and mnhusker like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Strange place to keep a bottle of bubbly.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I assume it was empty and the eaves of an old house was not someone's idea of a proper Champagne storage location...
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Do the right thing and bring it to the EDI Flyertalk Do coming up late summer/early autumn............
HIDDY, rapidex and BA or bust like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PETER01
Do the right thing and bring it to the EDI Flyertalk Do coming up late summer/early autumn............
Thought you told me the EDI Do was more a pints of heavy and meat pies event than Champagne and canapés?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:37 am

I had to look up “maderised”. I think I might have drunk a bottle of maderised fizz some years ago. It was an expensive cava bought in Spain and when opened was brown and sort of rounded in a sweet brown way, albeit still with bubbles. In my naivety I assumed it was the style of such cavas and drunk it, although vowed never to repeat the experience.

This was many years ago before cava gained the same prestige as its French cousin and was generally found only as a sweet wine and regarded as a woman’s drink!

I had a pie recently at Greggs in GLA; it was round with square edges and had a local name. (Heavy was not available at Greggs.)
BA or bust likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.