Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First class lounge access at LHR upon arrival?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class lounge access at LHR upon arrival?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2024, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by txp
Trip 2 is at the end of May, and Trip 1 is early June.

I am sorry to ask, but what is "The First Wing" and how does it facilitate security screening in comparison to the "normal" fast-track to which I am accustomed as a (typical) business class passenger on BA? (You can probably infer this is my first time traveling F on BA!)

Thanks again!
The First Wing is a specialized fast track at LHR for certain passengers (people flying in F, BA Gold + higher members and other Oneworld Emerald status holders). Your separate ticket probably would not get you in here, since you wouldn't have an onward F ticket, but others may know otherwise.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 5:19 pm
txp
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
Originally Posted by steveholt
The First Wing is a specialized fast track at LHR for certain passengers (people flying in F, BA Gold + higher members and other Oneworld Emerald status holders). Your separate ticket probably would not get you in here, since you wouldn't have an onward F ticket, but others may know otherwise.
Ah, I see. Agreed about not being able to use it when traveling on separate tickets.

But If I travel on the same ticket, say IAH to LHR in F, continuing LHR to DUS in J, would I be able to use the First Wing as I head toward my connecting flight to DUS?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Ive only used TFW by virtue of Gold status, but this thread from last year Can I use T5 First wing? Arriving F, long layover, want to see London would suggest access is fine if arriving inbound from F connecting to a same-day short-haul flight. Youd need to keep your inbound F boarding pass to prove eligibility.

Not sure whether separate versus connecting tickets matter in this context but hopefully others with experience of this scenario can chime in.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:07 pm
txp
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GM1985
Ive only used TFW by virtue of Gold status, but this thread from last year Can I use T5 First wing? Arriving F, long layover, want to see London would suggest access is fine if arriving inbound from F connecting to a same-day short-haul flight. Youd need to keep your inbound F boarding pass to prove eligibility.

Not sure whether separate versus connecting tickets matter in this context but hopefully others with experience of this scenario can chime in.
Thank you. Will try it and report back. Other experiences are welcome as well!
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
There is a fast-track for connections at T5 on the far right of the connections hall. Although its called fast-track it is only Heathrow-fast at the moment, so some travellers do prefer to go out through passport control and back up through the First Wing. The new scanners being installed should speed up considerably both fast-track connections and TFW.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:25 pm
txp
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ubiest
There is a fast-track for connections at T5 on the far right of the connections hall. Although its called fast-track it is only Heathrow-fast at the moment, so some travellers do prefer to go out through passport control and back up through the First Wing. The new scanners being installed should speed up considerably both fast-track connections and TFW.
Thank you!
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by txp
Thank you both very much. I would appreciate clarification on one more question related to Concorde room access. I will be traveling twice through LHR in the next few weeks, each time flying in F from IAH to LHR and connecting in LHR in J towards another destination. But the circumstances are somewhat different after that. I will describe my two trips below and would like to kindly ask if I will have access to the Concorde Lounge each time and, if not, what other options would be available:

Trip 1:

IAH to LHR on BA in F arriving T5
LHR to MAN on BA in J, separate ticket, departing T5
No checked bags; will have to exit customs & passport control area and re-enter post-security (airside) as if I my trip originated locally, in London.
After re-entering the post-security area, would I have access to the Concord Room? If not, what other lounges are accessible?

​​​​​
Others who know LHR much better may correct me, but my understanding is that it's possible to use flight connections even for an I-D connection and that there are separate passport control lines for this
Old Mar 7, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by GM1985
IME it doesnt matter - you just tell the entrance clerk I just came off in First and Im connecting and show the F boarding pass and no issues.
GM1985 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ubiest
All that does is to let you skip the queue to go up the stairs. You end up at the same security checkpoint in my experience, and that can lead to unpredictable queues.

I'd go via landside and the First Wing in most cases, even though it's admittedly a shorter walk if you go via Flight Connections.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The first wing security access is, or should be, available to anyone admissible to Galleries First, whether by status, guesting, or class of travel (inbound or outbound).
Old May 6, 2024, 10:07 am
txp
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

Now that the First Wing has opened, I want to ask if I would have access to it under the following travel scenario:

- IAH to LHR in First
- Exit security area, enter the UK through passport control at T5
- Re-enter security area at T5 through the First Wing
- Use the Concord room
- Continue LHR to CGN in J.

Thank you!
Old May 6, 2024, 10:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by txp
Hi everyone,

Now that the First Wing has opened, I want to ask if I would have access to it under the following travel scenario:

- IAH to LHR in First
- Exit security area, enter the UK through passport control at T5
- Re-enter security area at T5 through the First Wing
- Use the Concord room
- Continue LHR to CGN in J.

Thank you!
yes thats all fine to do and get access to TFW and CCR. Just ensure you have your inbound bp with you as well as you may need to show this.
Old May 6, 2024, 11:23 am
txp
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes thats all fine to do and get access to TFW and CCR. Just ensure you have your inbound bp with you as well as you may need to show this.
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.