Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mileage posted to wrong airline's FF#; Any way to correct?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage posted to wrong airline's FF#; Any way to correct?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Question Mileage posted to wrong airline's FF#; Any way to correct?

Hello all,

I'm scratching my head over something that just happened. I flew round trip, long haul in BA Club World / Biz recently. At check-in for the outbound, I realized they had my BAEC# in the system and I asked them to change it to my Alaska Airlines FF #. The check-in agent did so and gave me boarding passes - which correctly have the Alaska Airlines # printed on them.

I've been checking my AS account and nothing has posted so far.

Subsequently, I took the return flight and I (mistakenly, as I would find out soon!) assumed that the updated frequent flyer # (Alaska) would still be on the reservation.

I continued to check my AS account but still no mileage had posted.

Suddenly I got an email saying I'm upgraded to Bronze, from BAEC. Upon checking, I realized that the miles have posted to BAEC.

Now, given that background I have a couple questions:

1. Can I get BA to give me credit on Alaska (more miles and more value for me) instead? Especially because on the outbound, even my boarding passes have the AS #.
2. Can I insist that they do the same for my return? - I checked my Boarding Passes today, and realized that my BAEC was printed on these :-( . BUT I had told them to change it for all flights, at initial checkin.

I suspect some of the folks may have been in similar situations with BA. What's the best way to go about this? OR am I SOL?

TIA!
-G
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL
You'll have to try convince BA to uncredit the miles/TPs and then retrospectively claim them with AS. It might happen, it might not.

I believe that changes made to bookings on the day like FF numbers are made in FLY (the software BA use at the airport), which means it's only really updating the flight that is under FLY's control.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 however your best bet is to try and change it before you fly.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
You might have luck with getting BA to reverse and recredit on the outbound flights if the boarding passes have the Alaska FF number on them, however with the returns flights with boarding passes that have BAEC I suspect you are not going to be able to get them to budge. Try by all means, but I would give expectations low.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Bronze on BA.

This is the risk of holding multiple frequent flyer schemes and I used to get this regularly until I worked out it was best to stick to one rather than accumulating tiny amounts of airmiles in silly difficult to maintain pots. The only thing you can do, and it may not work well, is to ask BA to rescind the Avios and Tier Points, such that the flight becomes non-credited, and then ask AS to retro-claim.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
This has been a regular occurrence for me with BA and AA and I have never had too much problem getting BA to uncredit the Avios and TPs and then doing a Missing Mileage request with AA. It takes tim.e and is annoying, but it gets done. The important thing is not to make the request to AA and AS until after BA have uncredited the flights from BAEC.
gya007 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Thanks all! SeattleDavid - any tips on how I should go about getting BA to 'uncredit'? Just contact the Executive Club on phone? OR is there some other number?

Thanks!

-G
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:21 pm

I had this happen recently also. Had my AS FFN on the boarding pass and it was still credited to BA on the outbound. I made it clear to the check-in agent at my outbound airport and at customer service in the First lounge to make sure my AS FFN was on there and both had said it was on there. Few days later, my return also credited to BA. I called BA to have them uncredit both the outbound and return, which they did. Yes, contacting the executive club by phone is the best way to do it.

I usually don't make changes to the FFN but due to the recent changes by BA on the qualification period. I shifted them to AS.
gya007 likes this.
Old May 19, 2024, 1:25 pm

Hi,

I had kind of the same issue but BA tells me they cannot cancel the TP that were credited to them. would you ave a number fro me to call to get them to cancel them so AA, can credit those TP to my IB program instead?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.