Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Now open: Amsterdam Schiphol's new oneworld lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now open: Amsterdam Schiphol's new oneworld lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Interesting that afternoon pasta options seem to mimic the food at the Schengen Star Alliance lounge
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35775325-post82.html
OneWorld has the same budget as *alliance

But even more interesting is that OneWorld lounge serves as dessert the traditional Dutch vla :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vla
Needs to be enjoyed cold

Thanks everyone for the updates, much appreciated !

The OneWorld lounge staff are just contract workers employed by Aspire without any knowhow of reservations, ticketing, irrops , elite support.
Same as BA check in at RTM airport,
In case of any IRROPS event: "we know nothing, we are just outsourced staff, YOU must phone this BA number, WE are all in the clear and so you just bugger off" - goodbye-
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by csycsycsy
Personally I would want NL specific foods
I can imagine that there are people who would want anything but NL specific foods.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I can imagine that there are people who would want anything but NL specific foods.
It appears that EDDLEGLL is in that category...
HadesNL and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL
In case of any IRROPS event: "we know nothing, we are just outsourced staff, YOU must phone this BA number, WE are all in the clear and so you just bugger off" - goodbye-
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused" = It's your problem, not ours...
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 12:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
The bar tenders were all very friendly, but I do wish that spirits were self-pour. It's just much quicker and easier.
Coffee too is not self-pour. To get a plain black coffee you need to visit the bar. However, just having a dedicated lounge for OW flyers where you can sit and work or rest in peace is priceless. Some seating is more comfortable than others, the curved couches seem to hold you at close to an 75 degree angle and not much back support. The low light blue chairs work better, at least for me. Cheers.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tack
Coffee too is not self-pour. To get a plain black coffee you need to visit the bar.
Hmm, surely the self-serve coffee machines do some form of black coffee? I didn't try them out but they were there at either end of the lounge. With oneworld logos on the screen, natch.

The bar coffee was decent anyhow. A couple more pics for completeness. You can also spot the JD and JW Red behind the bar (I thought there was Black but maybe not). Only Gordon's gin and no diet tonic unfortunately.
Attached Images   
HadesNL and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Hmm, surely the self-serve coffee machines do some form of black coffee? I didn't try them out but they were there at either end of the lounge. With oneworld logos on the screen, natch.

The bar coffee was decent anyhow. A couple more pics for completeness. You can also spot the JD and JW Red behind the bar (I thought there was Black but maybe not). Only Gordon's gin and no diet tonic unfortunately.
lol I never saw the self serve machines. Admittedly I only looked in the food/buffet area. And a further data point, it took me a second to distinguish the female figure from the male figure on the bathroom, so perhaps my lack of coffee kept me from finding the self serve coffee machines?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
I visited this new OneWorld lounge yesterday (I travel through Schiphol at least once a month and have been suffering with the Cafe Flor temporary facilities for the past few months). I arrived at around 08.00 and just walked straight in, no one checked my boarding card or questioned me. I was there for around one hour and the lounge remained very quiet whereas outside there was some chaos and a large queue waiting to enter the adjoining Aspire lounge.
This new lounge is very comfortable with good apron views although the breakfast selection is quite limited. The staff were very chatty and encouraged everyone to submit a review and comments using a QR code. They were very proud of the fact they managed to keep the secret until the big reveal on opening day
A big step forward, will be interesting to see how the decor looks after a year or two of wear.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
I visited this new OneWorld lounge yesterday (I travel through Schiphol at least once a month and have been suffering with the Cafe Flor temporary facilities for the past few months). I arrived at around 08.00 and just walked straight in, no one checked my boarding card or questioned me. I was there for around one hour and the lounge remained very quiet whereas outside there was some chaos and a large queue waiting to enter the adjoining Aspire lounge.
This new lounge is very comfortable with good apron views although the breakfast selection is quite limited. The staff were very chatty and encouraged everyone to submit a review and comments using a QR code. They were very proud of the fact they managed to keep the secret until the big reveal on opening day
A big step forward, will be interesting to see how the decor looks after a year or two of wear.
This is exactly like the Star Alliance lounge vs Aspire lounge on the Schengen side - it just makes you feel good that you have entered a real lounge instead of those Priority Pass/Credit card lounge where everyone is now privileged to enter it. This is why till today I still am not getting the Amex Plat cc or any other cards that gives lounge access as these days these lounges don't really serve the purpose of a lounge - a place to relax or work but much more stressful with the different obnoxious behaviour of the generic entitled pax.

Cheers!
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:28 am

Week 1 Thursday evening (opening day) - hot food = tagliatelle and carbonara or arribiata sauce.
Week 2 Thursday evening - as above (there was also mustard soup...)

I appreciate not everyone flies weekly through the same airport, but with basically one choice, this is going to get very boring, very quickly.
simonsmith likes this.

Last edited by Phlyer2; Mar 1, 2024 at 9:41 am Reason: I forgot the soup option
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
well yes i suppose, but it is significantly more hot food than the old BA lounge had. there is soup as well, and some little mini savoury tart things.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Just managed a very brief visit between two flights of a B2B.

Note that while the lounge is “Lounge 40” the signs to that number disappear and I had to run around in various directions seeing only signs to lower numbers-29, a sign to 41, and then 43-higher numbers. I decided to try my luck with 41 and indeed 40 was next door. But not at all obvious and very annoying.

Last edited by salut0; Mar 10, 2024 at 3:57 pm
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Popped in on Friday afternoon. Was relatively busy, food was alright, had a beer. Seating comfortable enough but the best bit is definitely the views. Only downside was that the place wasn’t being cleaned quickly enough. There were empty glasses everywhere, spilled drink on the table tops, and empty crisp packets. Some mucky sods around these days!
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:44 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
We used the lounge last weekend .
If we had had to guess who the lounge belonged to , we would have guessed KLM. There is a lot of KLM blue around .

Its not wearing well . A panel had fallen off the end toilet cubicle wall leaving several holes in the partition . The bidet toilet mechanism was surprisingly rusty looking and a tap cover had gone missing . There was a bucket and mop in the corner .
The table we had was already scratched and the rather nice Matt blue pasta bowls scuffed .

I think we would get bored of the pasta quickly , the carbonara sauce had run out .

Great views , not sure about the seating .

Teabags are hidden in a draw under the coffee machine .

Crisps were only available by asking .

Just felt it was a bit style over substance but just our opinion
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by salut0
Just managed a very brief visit between two flights of a B2B.
That’s quite an effort! While true B2Bs there are of course foolproof, I’d be concerned about the distances involved between the BA gates and the new OW lounge.
salut0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.