Wiki Posts
Search

Highlife shopping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Highlife shopping

Sorry if this problem has been discussed before.

I am planning to purchase a few items from BA high life shop and would like an on board delivery
I saw quite a number of comments and complaints about their management and ppl end up spending time chasing avios

has the system been improved and is the delivery accurate and punctual?
Would hate to spend a whole week sending emails and answering phone calls
Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:02 pm

I ordered two items to be delivered onboard this week. Nothing came. Was told they couldnt find the order on their system nor was there anything loaded. CC made a note (somewhere) to help me get a refund.
CC said that they are usually very good and that this must have been a one off.
I know I will be more reluctant in future!
imkevinmc likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:08 pm

I've never had an issue with receiving my orders, but it does seem like some crew are surprised to have found it in their trolley or are unsure of the system. I would be hesitant ordering if I needed somthing for certain or as a gift. Customer service has been good when I have changed or cancelled flights and got a refund easily. Never had the avios arrive unfortunately.

Last edited by johnny_cl; Feb 13, 2024 at 10:25 pm
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
My flight is tomorrow, is it just in time if I place my order now?
Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:16 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by caticatiq
My flight is tomorrow, is it just in time if I place my order now?
It depends where you are departing from and how far in advance you are submitting your order. Go to the webpage and select onboard delivery and provide your flight number and date of travel. It will then say whether you can still pre-order.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:37 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by BAAMEXPP
I ordered two items to be delivered onboard this week. Nothing came. Was told they couldnt find the order on their system nor was there anything loaded. CC made a note (somewhere) to help me get a refund.
CC said that they are usually very good and that this must have been a one off.
I know I will be more reluctant in future!
Originally Posted by johnny_cl
I've never had an issue, but it does seem like some crew are surprised to have found it in their trolley or are unsure of the system. I would be hesitant ordering if I needed somthing for certain or as a gift. Customer service has been good when I have changed or cancelled flights and got a refund easily. Never had the avios arrive unfortunately.
Well I was tempted to try ordering again last year after quite a few years of not using it (due to previously have been let down twice in a few months). Glad I did not in the end because I witnessed someone a couple of rows ahead of me expressing a lot of disappointment about a lost in the system order.
Given the parlous state of BAs IT generally, I cannot see that they would put any effort into fixing it, given the need to fix a LOT of other basic stuff. So I just would not trust BA to get it right. YMMV.
adrianlondon and Pigeon49 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
Unfortunately if you want duty-free liquor you have to pre-order, now they carry no stock on the plane. I had a delivery failure a few years ago but recently it has worked well every time. A shame it's no longer full strength (47.3) Gordon's in PET bottles, now it's the diluted standard export gnat's P (37.5) in heavy glass bottles.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:02 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I've used it several times and it has worked every time - including one that surprised me when we mis-connected and took the flight the next day. I really was not expecting it to be delivered but it was. In all cases, it was a litre of Bombay Sapphire at just under 14.00 which I thought was a very good price.
BA or bust and Pigeon49 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:20 am

I've done it and it worked fine. Onboard was a bit of a palaver as I asked when they were quiet, they said they'd bring and then didn't, then I was asleep... got there in the end.

Can't remember the price but it was decent, better than most duty free outlets.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
I tried once, and it was so much of a hassle that Ive never tried it again.

Apparently I shouldve asked while I was on board but Id completely forgotten about it, but with everything else going on. I rather assumed that it would be brought to me, but that didnt happen, so I guess it got taken off at the destination with all the other detritus.

Eventually, and it took a long time, I did manage to get a refund, although it was quite hard to prove that I hadnt received the goods because apparently you dont sign for them.

All seems a bit haphazard, hit and miss to me. nowadays, Im trying to minimise the hassle in my life.
BA or bust and Pigeon49 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I used the preorder service for a flight last weekend back to London. Ordered about a week before the flight and was delivered as arranged. Very good prices.
D1L likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 4:34 pm
D1L

I've used it quite a number of times, including the High Life Cafe. Only once has it not been "found" on a short haul Gatwick flight. Although i just dont think any of the crew had any idea that it was such a thing, which is a shame that they're not all trained up on the service/offering. The High Life Shop team instantly sorted out my refund though and were really good at replying quick via email. Theres some really good deals on to be fair and the duty free probably beats the airport prices at the minute.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 10:39 am

All I can say is make sure you remember and ask. My experience is 50/50 on whether or not it is brought to you or not. I forgot once, eventually got a refund but they weren't happy about it. I've never had the order not be on the plane.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 11:06 am

I’ve given up after previous problems, last time they said they had it on board but with a slightly different name which they couldn’t confirm to me but they couldn’t hand it to me - Highlife subsequently advised they had never delivered it to the plane in the first place!
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Angry BA HIghlife Shop

I ordered in Jan, delivery to my seat - nothing. Cabin staff said they would report it. I phoned Suport on my return and arranged they would carry order forward to my next BA flight. Now, my account has been temporarily disabled. Emails have not been answered and calls are diverted to what sounds like an overseas ringtone and then disconnected.
what is going on???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.