Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

EZE - how long is the 'stop' in RIO? (and more Qs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE - how long is the 'stop' in RIO? (and more Qs)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Flew into EZE via GIG two days ago. 60-90 mins at GIG, stayed on plane during that time. Cleaning crew were efficient.
Food offer on way out was fine - trout starter followed by cod main and dessert. Cabin crew were ok, not the best I’ve experienced; will be interesting to compare on return.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by StingWest
They will have an amazing time visiting the continent - a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience. This is a topic for another forum, but Lindblad runs a tour based on the National Geographic fleet - top-price, but also a greatly enhanced experience with the naturalists and N.G. photography experts on board.

We flew into EZE (San Francisco->DFW->EZE), and then the cruise-arranged charter flight down to Ushuaia (another couple of hours) - where many / most of the ships leave from.
thanks for all the comments! Yep, it’s the Lindblad 12 day tour we signed up for last night and we got a great deal on single cabins on the 5th floor (early Dec). (Max 148 people on the ship)

wj
BA or bust and StingWest like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:54 pm

Consider getting to Ushuaia a day or two early. My tour had two nights there. Missing the boat because of a delayed flight would be truly tragic.

In BA museums, food, and generally walking around (most make sure to go to the arts district, La Boca?). Admission to the La Recoleta cemetery is free if you are old enough and you can visit Eva while you are there.

EZE is very crowded and inefficient. Expect delays.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I've just recently done one leg each in J on BA and IB so have a direct comparison.

O/B on BA was fine in CS. Stop in GIG was OK. Cleaning staff came on. Change of crew. 90/100mins on the ground and off again. You stay on board during the layover. Similar to the stop in GRU two years ago (and way back when the EZE service was served by a 744). Its not ideal, but then last year it was direct but on a 789 with CW instead.

​​​​I was due to fly back on 24th Jan but there was a strke in Argentina which effectively grounded all flights that day, so BA bumped me to IB on 25th and I flew EZE-MAD-MAN.

IB was OK, but I didn't think it was as good as BA CS, although food was excellent. To be fair - as someone has commented above - the food on the BA249 was also very good.

Seat was IB A359 v.1 (not the new one with the door) and I had a window seat. It was acceptable but IMO not as good as BA CS with the exception of the mattress topper - which was a substantial affair (better than EK??) and much better than the pretty pathetic offering by BA.

So for me, BA would be my choice even with the GIG stop. Hopefully we'll see the reinstatement of the direct BA245 again but probably not for a while yet due to the shortage of long haul aircraft.
wanderingjock and jonr405 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
thanks for all the comments! Yep, it’s the Lindblad 12 day tour we signed up for last night and we got a great deal on single cabins on the 5th floor (early Dec). (Max 148 people on the ship)

wj
Congrats - and everyone should bring a bathing suit - you will find out why..
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:13 pm

What’s the food like on the return leg back to the UK? Came back from CPT earlier this month and didn’t eat in the lounge as food had been so good on the outbound. Was dismayed to be served slop on the plane!
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:53 pm

My understanding is catering is loaded at EZE for both EZE-GIG and GIG-LHR sectors and that the quality isn't as good as ex LHR catering.... but I'll be able to advise later next month 👍
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:54 pm

Thanks. I’m flying at the end of May, so will be interested to hear what you think.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
The catering wasn’t too bad last month
The first leg sandwich was a little dry but no worse than a club Europe offering

Eze to GIG

Starter

The steak tasted better than it looked

The melting Dulce leche inside was really delicious
1Aturnleft likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.