Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Transferring BAEC membership number on change of name

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2024, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA: Silver,

Apologies if this has been covered on another thread - I haven't found it. My (now) daughter-in-law has been a BAEC member for several years and recently (October) married my son., thereby changing her name She did the sensible thing months ago and tried to inform BAEC of her name change and was directed to send an email with th documentation. All dutifully done... Then, heard nothing so chased it. She then received an email telling her to re-submit, which she did. Still nothing. She flies tomorrow (booked as her married name, with her 'new' passport) and was hoping to accrue the points etc, but can't add her BAEC Number as it is still in her maiden name. Has anyone else battled through this?
Old Jan 19, 2024, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by onaswan
Apologies if this has been covered on another thread - I haven't found it. My (now) daughter-in-law has been a BAEC member for several years and recently (October) married my son., thereby changing her name She did the sensible thing months ago and tried to inform BAEC of her name change and was directed to send an email with th documentation. All dutifully done... Then, heard nothing so chased it. She then received an email telling her to re-submit, which she did. Still nothing. She flies tomorrow (booked as her married name, with her 'new' passport) and was hoping to accrue the points etc, but can't add her BAEC Number as it is still in her maiden name. Has anyone else battled through this?
Best idea is to go to www.ba.com/ecsupportingdocs

They will need to log in and select the option for name correction and attach docs ie marriage cert and new passport. This will get the account updated, however for this trip its probably going to be a case if claim as missing points after travel.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA: Silver,
Thanks. Yes, this was what has happened already: the uploading of documents, followed by the emailing of them. As you say, worst case is claim missing points later. It's just a pain, though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.