Search

BA pilot attacked in South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
[REMOVED QUOTE OF POST WHICH WAS SUBSEQUENTLY DELETED BY ORIGINAL POSTER]
not all crewmours are true, and when it comes to specific people I wouldn’t tend to spread gossip tbh.
Swanhunter, Dan72, DYKWIA and 4 others like this.

Last edited by golfmad; Mar 3, 2024 at 12:14 am Reason: Removed quoted text subsequently removed by original poster
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
not all crewmours are true, and when it comes to specific people I wouldnt tend to spread gossip tbh.
Flyertalk is based on rumour and gossip Karfa. If you didn't have that you wouldn't have a forum.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:22 am

Flyertalk is based on rumour and gossip Karfa. If you didn't have that you wouldn't have a forum.
Rumour and gossip about route openings or brands of champagne is a thing. Gossiping about whether a man was really being tortured or not is another in my books, but you do you.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
In many cases rumour and gossip is fine. Suggesting someone is lying should be based on evidence.

13901 beat me to it.
dougzz and 13901 like this.

Last edited by Rubecula; Mar 2, 2024 at 9:27 am Reason: Too slow
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:25 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 13901
Rumour and gossip about route openings or brands of champagne is a thing. Gossiping about whether a man was really being tortured or not is another in my books, but you do you.
Indeed!
13901 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
indeed. But I think you might appreciate there is a difference between rumours on new seats/food/drink, and gossip on a specific person - unless you are happy with people gossiping about you
SKT-DK, 13901, jaro and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:54 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
[REMOVED QUOTE OF POST WHICH WAS SUBSEQUENTLY DELETED BY ORIGINAL POSTER]
This is actually quite upsetting - do you have a source you can cite? I guess not.

And please do not say you have an inside source that cannot be named, or god forbid the Daily Mail

There should be some degree of respect exercised here for the privacy of the person involved.

For the Mods, please feel free to delete this (and related posts if you choose so) if you feel it is too blunt, but I feel the point needs to be made.
gcuk and becks1 like this.

Last edited by golfmad; Mar 3, 2024 at 12:47 am Reason: Removed reference to earlier post and unnecessary references to goats
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Jeez. What a grim post.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
This is actually quite upsetting - do you have a source you can cite? I guess not.

And please do not say you have an inside source that cannot be named, or god forbid the Daily Mail

There should be some degree of respect exercised here for the privacy of the person involved.

For the Mods, please feel free to delete this (and related posts if you choose so) if you feel it is too blunt, but I feel the point needs to be made.
Appreciate the respect for privacy but IF this is true and the pilot has fabricated this story, which made national news, in order to cover up an affair and associated blackmail then that’s pretty shocking. I believe it also led to the cancellation of the flight so had a significant impact on hundreds of people and obviously on BA. So yes, privacy, but that need to be balanced by the magnitude of what has taken place.
1Aturnleft, 86BA7 and revorgap like this.

Last edited by golfmad; Mar 3, 2024 at 12:47 am Reason: Removed quoted goat reference
Old Mar 2, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
MODS - please, please close this thread…….
Dan72 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:35 pm

I've saved the mods the bother.

My source was internal at BA so I take that at face value but I agree its not official. BA aren't exactly going to put a press release out to this effect are they. As far as I'm aware the pilot in question was never named publicly in the first place so this doesn't exactly name individuals.

Clearly my post has hit a nerve amongst some which that wasn't the intention.

​​​​​
Swanhunter, Silver Fox and gcuk like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:57 pm

I've saved the mods the bother.

My source was internal at BA so I take that at face value but I agree its not official. BA aren't exactly going to put a press release out to this effect are they. As far as I'm aware the pilot in question was never named publicly in the first place so this doesn't exactly name individuals.

Clearly my post has hit a nerve amongst some which that wasn't the intention.

​​​​​
What was the intention? Please explain, we are all eager to hear about your motives in posting what you did.
flygirl68 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 4:24 pm

Will discussion be allowed once it's in The Sun?
1Aturnleft and Silver Fox like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Waterhorse
What was the intention? Please explain, we are all eager to hear about your motives in posting what you did.
​​​​​​Call it a lack of good judgement on my part for want of a better phrase. I really don't feel as though I need to explain or justify my motives to you or anyone more than that.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Mar 3, 2024 at 12:58 am
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by JFX1764
Will discussion be allowed once it's in The Sun?
Oh yes, once it's in the public domain with the tabloid rags it's then more than appropriate to pick it over on here... because that's then considered as documented fact. The moral police have their sources and everyone's happy.

​​​​​​But not a moment before as otherwise that's just considered to be cheap salacious gossip, vulgar and not fit for human consumption.
​​​​​
Silver Fox and psychopompos like this.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Mar 2, 2024 at 11:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.