Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disruption at LHR this evening (2 Jan)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just over 60 minutes late coming in from AMS as BA447. Only announced that we were going to be held on the plane between 30-90 minutes once the door was closed. Really bumpy take off from AMS and a bumpier approach into LHR. Thankfully we arrived at 507. Then getting home via Elizabeth and DLR was a different nightmare.

I wished BA were allowed to serve water during the 1 hour we spent at the gate.
adrianlondon and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:41 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
I then run upstairs to B lounge to liberate two glasses of Nicky foo before descending again to the splendours of B45.
As we board the FA says “not seen anyone boarding with full glasses before”. I take it as a compliment. Mrs Exit is appalled.
Anyone wanting a PDB from LHR should take heed.😂
I think that should be in the Polly Pinch has been let loose in the Lounge thread. That;s two pieces of glassware that they won't see again. Did you take them home out of curiosity

Appalled though Mrs Exit may be - did she drink one? or did you drink both? I'm only jealous as it's dry January at Chateau Galore.

Seriously, this is not a nice night to be taking off or landing here in Brittany nor in the UK from what I gather. I rather think that Jersey must be fun as well
rapidex and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
One of the delayed flights boarding next to our orignal gate at A10b made the announcement that people should not bring hot cups of tea or coffee on to the bus to avoid spilling them and burning anyone. I dread to think how they might have handled actual champagne glasses!
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:10 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Originally Posted by salut0
One of the delayed flights boarding next to our orignal gate at A10b made the announcement that people should not bring hot cups of tea or coffee on to the bus to avoid spilling them and burning anyone. I dread to think how they might have handled actual champagne glasses!
Have BA standards slipped so far that they now serve scalding hot champagne?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
Have BA standards slipped so far that they now serve scalding hot champagne?
It's the hot Insta trend for the festive period, Gluhchampers
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
We currently have our garden furniture lying upside down in new positions outside. If I were a Daily Mail writer, I'd be calling it CHAOS.

Trains were an absolute mess to and from Heathrow and further afield too. The Lizzie Line was essentially not running, and the Greater Anglia lines all seemed to have issues. Trying to get home from London was an absolute nightmare.
adrianlondon and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I think that should be in the Polly Pinch has been let loose in the Lounge thread. That;s two pieces of glassware that they won't see again. Did you take them home out of curiosity

Appalled though Mrs Exit may be - did she drink one? or did you drink both? I'm only jealous as it's dry January at Chateau Galore.
Perish the thought of nicking anything from the lounge (except the alcohol of course)
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, United Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
We landed at LHR last night at 9pm, I can confirm it was a bumpy ride

Kudos to the pilot for a perfect crosswind landing on the first try
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Being a perfect gentleman I returned the glasses to the crew. After ensuring they were empty to prevent spills. 1388 now has two extra glasses in its inventory.

As Mrs Exit was driving home I had hers. I’m having a very quiet day.
PUCCI GALORE, SFO777 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
Being a perfect gentleman I returned the glasses to the crew. After ensuring they were empty to prevent spills. 1388 now has two extra glasses in its inventory.

As Mrs Exit was driving home I had hers. I’m having a very quiet day.
You are a scream! I suspected that you'd wallopws both but being a perfect lady. I declined to prefer such ignoble thoughts
Tiger_lily likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.