Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nufnuf77
Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2023 Tier Point thread (found here). We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below.

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares

Advanced Promotion Fares

See here in post 12 for an 2024 archive of sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under 3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

From North, Central and South America

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia

CAI-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-SFO return for 1800gbp earning 960 Tps

From Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post XX of this thread (or just click here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest along with UK domestic returns. Additionally you may find that trips in to mainland Europe require a one night stay whereas the cheapest domestic CE returns do not have any minimum stay so can be booked as a same day return. If doing a back to back AMS and JER can be easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround - more information can be found in the back to back thread listed in the forum dashboard. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). UK domestic route, Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seem the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under 300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the post XXX of this thread (here), MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the last BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and first return Sunday for well under 500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports).

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for 520.
DUB-LHR-HEL return (or return to LHR) is currently a very efficient way of hitting 200-240 TPs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2024 master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2024, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Schiehallion
Mrs. S and I will hop over to Vancouver next March. Does anyone know if it is possible to add an east coast and west coast stop for an ex-DUB trip, for extra TPs?

Plenty options going DUB-LHR-XXX-YVR (SEA, PDX and DFW so far), which would give 440TP total, but I couldn't make 2 stops work and it would good to squeeze in the extra TP stop if possible.

Many thanks,
~S
Sorry to 'bump' but am likely to book this over the next 24h. To the extent anyone is able to find any east coast / west coast combos that work for this fare, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,
~S
Old May 10, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Sorry to 'bump' but am likely to book this over the next 24h. To the extent anyone is able to find any east coast / west coast combos that work for this fare, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,
~S
Can you share some example date and fares you found? I can check later but hard to establish baseline - a run with 100TP more but 2x as expensive would not be something you'd want I assume

EDIT: 720TP for 3000EUR or 2584GBP, so ~3.5GBP/TP. Price can be pushed down to ~2-2.5k if you choose different routing / drop LHR-DUB at the end / do YVR-LAX-JFK-LHR in one day

Last edited by jaro; May 10, 2024 at 3:53 pm
Old May 10, 2024, 3:52 pm

Have a look at DUB-LHR-ORD-DFW-YVR. You can do r/t (520TP) in March 2025 for just under 2000 €...
Schiehallion and jaro like this.

Last edited by ilegalnyj; May 10, 2024 at 4:06 pm
Old May 10, 2024, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Another possible routing, 680TP for 2131GBP so 3.1GBP/TP

Another routing, notice LAX-YVR is in Y (!), which makes it 645TP for 1814GBP, or 2.76GBP/TP

I encourage you to play with times + dates & use map to check for 140TP destinations
Old May 10, 2024, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Maybe Im missing something, but why not using the current DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR-Spain shenanigans, tagging a SFO-YVR on either United or Air Canada? I got it for 1.2k, so even considering adding bags and bits to the last leg, potentially in Y, its still a saving of nearly 1k
Old May 10, 2024, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold

Cheers,
~S
Vancouver isn't great because relatively few Oneworld routes fly there and going down to LAX breaks the mileage limits. Best I could find from a TP level is this:

Two 140 TP legs plus a 40 TP leg means 640 TP for 1771.60

I tried lots of 4 leg flights but they take you via places like Glasgow (only in Economy) or Indianapolis (nice airport but in the wrong place) meaning less TP than the above. No chance to use Heathrow lounges or Flagship first but most TP.

You could almost certainly get better value to SFO or SEA and then buy a separate ticket to YVR. But then it's more risky as separate tickets.
Old May 10, 2024, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by erikh94
Maybe Im missing something, but why not using the current DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR-Spain shenanigans, tagging a SFO-YVR on either United or Air Canada? I got it for 1.2k, so even considering adding bags and bits to the last leg, potentially in Y, its still a saving of nearly 1k
EDIT: I hadnt realised how butchers the screenshot had become until after posting, but it should be able to reconstruct the itinerary from either timings or flight number. Apologies for the extra work!

Im from my phone so could only have a Quick Look to matrix but this comes in at 1072 pp (POS Dublin)

There were a few option to tinker flight timings around, and I am not sure the fare holds if you do JFK-SFO (which is still on the A321T), but worth trying if convenience is important and this is too much of a faff

LCSinTexas and Schiehallion like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 9:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by erikh94
EDIT: I hadnt realised how butchers the screenshot had become until after posting, but it should be able to reconstruct the itinerary from either timings or flight number. Apologies for the extra work!

Im from my phone so could only have a Quick Look to matrix but this comes in at 1072 pp (POS Dublin)

There were a few option to tinker flight timings around, and I am not sure the fare holds if you do JFK-SFO (which is still on the A321T), but worth trying if convenience is important and this is too much of a faff

Really appreciate this, and all the other suggestions. I don't think I'd be too keen to look at separate tickets st the moment until I've ruled out what I'm looking for as an option.

As it stands I'm looking at DUB-LHR-SEA-YVR-DFW-LHR-MAD and it's c. 1,200. By my reckoning that would be 440TP, increasing to 520TP with positioning flights.

I'm flexible on dates - aiming for around 12 days there around March sometime.

I'll spend some more time today looking to see if any cities work but I suspect not.

Thanks again, very much appreciated.
LCSinTexas and timlewis808 like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by private_md
Yes that's it. And here are the T's & C's for US residents booking a Double Tier Points BAH. There are a few differences as you can see. I think you have to use the hotel/car for the duration of the vacation - at least that's how it reads to me. And I think there are some others too, though there are others far more knowledgeable than me who could probably explain it better. There is a good explanation on the BAH Sticky thread.
Attached Images  
Old May 11, 2024, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
glad Im not going mad! Thats exactly what I was seeing too in Google flights, so I thought ITA Matrix would work better
Just been playing with this again in Google Flights. It seems that Jersey to anywhere else in the world on Oneworld comes up ok, but the whole of the USA is blank. Very odd.
Old May 11, 2024, 3:20 am

Cheers,
~S
What about this? I think that's 620 TPs for 1630. Not great TP/GBP ratio but it does add an extra stop that you wanted. The DFW leg on the return screws it up from 720 TPs, I can't seem to make that work for a reasonable fare.
Attached Images  
Schiehallion likes this.

Last edited by Saladman; May 11, 2024 at 3:51 am
Old May 11, 2024, 3:29 am

Cheers,
~S
Or this if you don't mind routing back to BCN. Same 620 TPs but substantially less cost and is around 2 per point, though it does involve a night in Seattle. Plus positioning flights you could bump it up to 700 though at some cost.

(Edit and looking the flights it seems to be Club Suite both ways, though plenty of time for that to change)
Attached Images  
higham44 and Schiehallion like this.

Last edited by Saladman; May 11, 2024 at 3:53 am
Old May 11, 2024, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by Saladman
Or this if you don't mind routing back to BCN. Same 620 TPs but substantially less cost and is around 2 per point, though it does involve a night in Seattle. Plus positioning flights you could bump it up to 700 though at some cost.

(Edit and looking the flights it seems to be Club Suite both ways, though plenty of time for that to change)
Minor point, but aren't domestic Spanish flights only 20TP in J, making that 600TP in total (apologies if I can't add up!)
Schiehallion and timlewis808 like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by omk298
Minor point, but aren't domestic Spanish flights only 20TP in J, making that 600TP in total (apologies if I can't add up!)
Ah yes, possibly. Ok so slightly more than 2 a TP then.

I could probably tinker with it to get a 40 TP leg.
Schiehallion likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by omk298
I found that out the hard way! You also need to be very careful it's not a train booking which wouldn't earn tier points.
Schiehallion likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.