Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Todays BAEC newsletter - The First cabin: What to expect

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite

Where do I start with this?

https://theclub.ba.com/december-2023...what-to-expect

I'll spare the piece about the lounge.

The big turn left - On recent occasions, all boarding has been single bridge via 1L. I could turn left, but then I'd be driving

The surroundings - Big rant here about dining with a guest, this is specifically mentioned. We all know this is not possible unless you're in 'old first'.

The menu - Unless you select a special menu, still no pre-ordering.

There are plenty of other points, but the regulars will find these, I am sure.
crazy8534, camdentown and SxMan like this.

Last edited by Nick_USA; Dec 15, 2023 at 3:35 am
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sliding doors on 787-9s too.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:35 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'm surprised that any of you bother reading this tripe. With all the things that they need to address and they pay people to write all this tosh.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Whilst a few bits are definitely questionable, ie buddy dining, and the language is rather OTT, it does at least provide newbies with some idea of what they should be expecting.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'm surprised that any of you bother reading this tripe. With all the things that they need to address, and they pay people to write all this tosh.
I do agree.

Another moan, I would prefer they refer to women as ladies, but then I am a snob, and this is meant to be First Class.

Reminds me of my Royal Air Force days: "Officers and their ladies; sergeants and their wives; other ranks and their women."

Hey ho.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
Well, it's a marketing piece
Old Dec 15, 2023, 5:41 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Nick_USA
I do agree.

Another moan, I would prefer they refer to women as ladies, but then I am a snob, and this is meant to be First Class.

Reminds me of my Royal Air Force days: "Officers and their ladies; sergeants and their wives; other ranks and their women."

Hey ho.
We are of one mind. This reminds me of Private Eye referring to "Wimmin" . One has become a Thing - a Chattel almost. I will be quite honest - there is nothingm but nothing that I can learn in that cyber rag that I have not already learned here.
camdentown likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
I wonder if they will ensure that all F pax get their first choice of meals. Unlike my most recent flight with BA in J a few weeks ago from LHR/JFK, where many of us were told they ran out of the turkey option.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Whilst a few bits are definitely questionable, ie buddy dining, and the language is rather OTT, it does at least provide newbies with some idea of what they should be expecting.
Talking about setting the new customer up for disappointment....
EuropeanPete, T8191 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by GGL Flyer
Talking about setting the new customer up for disappointment....
The BA motto should be over sell and under deliver.

Seriously, if they invested a fraction of their marketing budget in a combination of ground service, staff training and reliable (rather than low-cost) suppliers, they would be far better off. But, isn't it the pointy end which is for the prestige and the cattle wagon at the back for the margins ?
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The big turn left - On recent occasions, all boarding has been single bridge via 1L. I could turn left, but then I'd be driving .
I know the reason for that...the rebranding of F.

Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:05 pm

Why are you all so negative ?? It is BRITISH Airways and they are and should be promoting "Britishness". SWISS has very successfully promoted Swissness to passengers. Hopefully BA is working with their suppliers to promote their brands. Britain has a global connotation of quality and it should be promoted. Fifteen year old Harrods tea cups are just like new in my home.
Debbie Downer has returned to the hangar....
HIDDY and Bluekjp like this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by scotflyer1
Why are you all so negative ?? It is BRITISH Airways and they are and should be promoting "Britishness". SWISS has very successfully promoted Swissness to passengers. Hopefully BA is working with their suppliers to promote their brands. Britain has a global connotation of quality and it should be promoted. Fifteen year old Harrods tea cups are just like new in my home.
Debbie Downer has returned to the hangar....
Because having a moan is just how being British is. Even more so if one is a Scot..
crazy8534 and mnhusker like this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:49 pm

The big turn left - On recent occasions, all boarding has been single bridge via 1L. I could turn left, but then I'd be driving
"Only drivers turn left"
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:54 pm

"...is an experience all in itself"
– I would rather want this to be uneventful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.