Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eligible Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Eligible Flights

Hi folks. Looking for some help. Ive just noticed ive not met the "4 eligible flights" criteria because all my points have been achieved using Qatar flying back and forward to South Africa from Dubai and Cairo.

I presume there is no way around this so does anyone have any suggested ways i can fit 4 flights in from Dubai, Sharjah or Abu Dhabi at a reasonable cost as to make it worthwhile ?

Really not sure if its going to be worth it but hopefully someone will be able to come up with something. :-)
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
How long do you have before your collection year ends? If it's 8th October then you're probably going to struggle with the "reasonable cost" aspect. It's a shame that BA no longer operates its AUH - MCT or DOH - BAH flights as that would have been a good way to get the four flights you need.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
There are some decent options, say 27-31 October, returning to Dubai on the day flight, to most of Europe. Copenhagen was probably the cheapest, but hotels are expensive there so you might do better in somewhere like Warsaw. Probably 600 for the flight and another couple of hundred for accommodation and activities.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:10 pm

It's times like this you really wish BA still had the LHR-AUH-MCT service in place. Those AUH-MCT-AUH there and backs were a steel!
Unfortunately no cheap way to do it now other than to do a trip back to UK (DXB-LON-JER-LON-DXB) as an example. Or BA coded QR DXB-DOH-UK-DOH-DXB.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If it's Silver you're aiming for, it probably won't be worth it. If it's Gold, you would also get a soft landing to Silver in a year's time, irrespective of whether you do 4 flights again.

If you're willing to slum it, you could also position to Eastern Europe on Wizzair and then pick up cheaper BA or IB flights from somewhere like SOF, ATH, OTP, BUD etc. Or use Avios to get you to London or Madrid and then spend a day flying a short, cheap domestic route back and forth.
csycsycsy likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I think im going to be snookered here. I do have time behind me as its December but just not sure if its worth it all things been told as really dont want to slum a 7 hour position flight to then do 4 short hauls. Thinking might be best to switch to Qatar and get "silver" with them in next 12 months.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by dolfinco
Thanks for the replies. I think im going to be snookered here. I do have time behind me as its December but just not sure if its worth it all things been told as really dont want to slum a 7 hour position flight to then do 4 short hauls. Thinking might be best to switch to Qatar and get "silver" with them in next 12 months.
i think you have answered your own question.
golfmad, dolfinco and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dolfinco
DXB-LHR-AMS return can be done for about 650-700 in Y late November. Im sure there are also cheaper options. If this will be an annual problem you are right it would be better to switch to Qatar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.