Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BDA to LHR 15th Sept [Hurricane Lee disruption]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

We're in Bermuda at the moment, with Hurricane Lee doing a fly-past this evening.
The flight today was cancelled, so I assume the people from today would have either gone yesterday, or pushed to tomorrows flight.
In the event the flight tomorrow ends up being overbooked, do they give priotity to those who were unable to fly today, or to those who already have a booking - and are other factors also in play at to whether you get bumped or not (Such as airline status etc)
I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow, but having an idea will give me one less thing to worry about during the storm
Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They will prioritise those originally booked on the original service, in the first instance. Status helps, being on a staff ticket definitely does not help.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Looks like all the cancelled customers have been accommodated on new flights.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

I saw a bunch of CC at breakfast this morning finding out their flight home today was cancelled.

I am guessing they'll be our crew tomorrow !

Last edited by stuvoi; Sep 15, 2023 at 7:25 am
Old Sep 14, 2023, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes they will be.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by stuvoi
I saw a bunch of CC at breakfast this morning at the [XXX] finding out their flight home today was cancelled.

I am guessing they'll be our crew tomorrow !
but they wont thank you for revealing their hotel on a public forum. You might want to redact the name to protect their security, its not something they themselves would ever reveal.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I gather that Bermuda is a route highly sought after by crews as the flight lands early evening and departs the following evening. Crews therefore have the rest of the evening and all the following day free.

Last edited by TheOldMan; Sep 15, 2023 at 6:49 am
Old Sep 15, 2023, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Confus
but they wont thank you for revealing their hotel on a public forum. You might want to redact the name to protect their security, its not something they themselves would ever reveal.
I have removed it now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.