Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Reward flights change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Avios Reward flights change

I booked an Avios flight 48 hrs ago for next week to Dubrovnik, out in Y and return CE, using 21000 miles and £42

My son has just broken his ankle, so need to cancel or maybe bring the return forward by a day

If I cancel I understand that you get Avios back and a £35 charge

If I decided to change to an earlier flight, is it still a £35 charge and do you need to ring up?

Sorry if this is in the wiki, but tried and couldn't find an answer
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:04 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Begin the cancellation process online and see how much they are going to give you back – the last time I tried this I got everything except 50p due to a slight IT quirk I think.

If that is your case then it would be worth doing.

You might want to 1st check that there are replacement flights available so that you can make another, separate booking. If you call up and change then, my experiences there is a £35 fee – yes
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
I booked an Avios flight 48 hrs ago for next week to Dubrovnik, out in Y and return CE, using 21000 miles and £42

My son has just broken his ankle, so need to cancel or maybe bring the return forward by a day

If I cancel I understand that you get Avios back and a £35 charge

If I decided to change to an earlier flight, is it still a £35 charge and do you need to ring up?

Sorry if this is in the wiki, but tried and couldn't find an answer
As long as you didn't use an AMEX 2-4-1 voucher you should be able to cancel for 50p each way / £1 return per person. It's an IT quirk.
SxMan and Fatdickie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.