Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 LGW Club Suite?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2023, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by dnajockey
Beware seeing the CS suite map and getting over excited - I thought I was getting CS out of LGW last month right top to the moment I got on the plane - as did a number of others in the cabin, some of whom had paid for seats and were not happy.
I flew to St Lucia last month out of LGW and the seating map started as the old Club World, then became Club Suite a couple of months before, then returned back to the old cabin a month before the flight!
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
Are you sure it's a 56J? It's more likely to be a 77L with 48J. Also as per the advice here don't get your hopes up at all. BA are likely planning to have a CS fitted airframe operating at LGW due to scheduled maintenance at the time, but changes to the seat map between now and then are very possible. If I were you I would keep a regular eye on the seat map, and once you get to 3 days before departure, check it constantly.

Yes you are correct ! I just saw on the seat map that the first seat row is 1 and the last seat row in J is 14 , but I did not count them -there are only 12 rows ! Still if its full that will still leave 16 people to downgrade.

I'm not that fussed to get CS as its a night flight it would be more of an experience for the outbound, its just a nuisance as having paid for seats in row 1 we might well find ourselves dumped in the middle pair or downgraded ,when it in all likelihood changes back to the traditional LGW layout.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:53 am

Programs: Executive Club Gold
I fly to CUN next Monday and it changed to CS around 10 weeks ago. Thought it was strange but a win nonetheless. I thought that with under a week to go id be safe, but apparently not after reading some of the stories above. Currently booked in 1E & 1F and wondering should I switch to window seats so im not stuck in a bank of 4 if it does change to CW.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 4:38 am

12 November flight from JFK to LGW is currently showing CS.

Funny enough, I would actually prefer to fly in the old CW since we're flying with an infant and the old set up is more convenient if we snatch the 4E/F seats.

So based on what people have said, safe to assume that there's a decent chance that it gets swapped?
Old Nov 23, 2023, 12:51 pm

Plane change LGW-MRU

Flying on Saturday my seats have been changed now showing on seat map like this. What’s going on?

Last edited by Alun; Nov 23, 2023 at 12:52 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 23, 2023, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You have been moved to one of the two Club Suite aircraft operating out of LGW. See Aerolopa for precise layouts.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 12:55 pm

Looks like Club Suite. The experts will tell you, but I think there are a few random newer 777s that do the odd LGW flight?
Old Nov 23, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
You have a 777 with Club Suites.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
LHR based aircraft operating out of LGW with Club Suites.
https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-77l
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:05 pm

Lgw - cape town club suite

Ba 2041 lgw - cape town on 15th march is showing club suite, this likely to stay you think? I Imagine cape town is one of the routes they would prioritise out of gatwick where possible so makes sense to have it but i know operations can change everything
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by JCO1406
At some point, they are going have to make CS a permanent thing for Gatwick, when those 777s get replaced. Whatever the replacement aircraft is, whether it’s a hand me down from Heathrow, or a new order, they would have CS. I’d be very surprised if they ordered a new batch of aircrafts fitted with the old CW.
I wouldnt be surprised if older 787s eventually replace the 777 at LGW when BA starts replace the 772 fleet. I guess the other question is availability of spare CW seats / parts and at some point may be easier to standardize seats if not entire config. BA have to make an order soon for the replacement.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AM123
Ba 2041 lgw - cape town on 15th march is showing club suite, this likely to stay you think? I Imagine cape town is one of the routes they would prioritise out of gatwick where possible so makes sense to have it but i know operations can change everything
It’s a moveable feast. There are currently two CS fitted 772s operating out of Gatwick to cover two away on maintenance. One of those is a short maintenance visit the other long.

Work on the basis that it’ll be old club and if you get CS it’s a bonus. Beware if you pick seats and it changes likely it will be a muddle.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AM123
I had CS showing out of CPT to LGW a few weeks ago and it was swapped a few days beforehand. Travelling as a couple, I was far happier on our return in CW than the outbound in CS anyway
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by jrfsp320
I wouldnt be surprised if older 787s eventually replace the 777 at LGW when BA starts replace the 772 fleet.
Not happening (if BA want to maintain the same level of revenue). The older 787s are the -8s and some of the older -9s. Any replacement smaller than a -10 would be a massive loss of capacity for the LGW fleet.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:58 pm

Am I correct in thinking that LGW-JFK and reverse (i.e. BA2272 / BA2273) will remain Club World (and not Club Suite) for practically all dates in 2024?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.