Wiki Posts
Search

Using BA Amex & Barclaycard vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2023, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Using BA Amex & Barclaycard vouchers

Hi

I have an Amex BA Companion Voucher and also a Barclaycard BA Cabin Upgrade voucher. Can both be used on the same flight?

There are 3 of us travelling. I知 thinking that I purchase one Business seat and use the companion voucher for the second, then buy a Premium Economy seat and upgrade using the Barclaycard.

Is that permitted?
Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2023, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GibFlyer
Hi

I have an Amex BA Companion Voucher and also a Barclaycard BA Cabin Upgrade voucher. Can both be used on the same flight?

There are 3 of us travelling. I知 thinking that I purchase one Business seat and use the companion voucher for the second, then buy a Premium Economy seat and upgrade using the Barclaycard.

Is that permitted?
Thanks
If there are three CW award seats available on the flight I think that can work. You will end up with 2 separate bookings. You will also need to take one of the Companion Voucher seats yourself and will need to make the standalone Barclaycard voucher booking from your account but for this 3rd person (Barclaycard voucher t&c states that "The Member does not have to be the person to travel to use the Cabin Upgrade Voucher").
Old Aug 5, 2023, 5:11 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Traveller 935
If there are three CW award seats available on the flight I think that can work. You will end up with 2 separate bookings. You will also need to take one of the Companion Voucher seats yourself and will need to make the standalone Barclaycard voucher booking from your account but for this 3rd person (Barclaycard voucher t&c states that "The Member does not have to be the person to travel to use the Cabin Upgrade Voucher").
this is exactly what I致e done when needing three seats. The downside is needing gold status for the seat selection for the 3rd traveller.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tim_T
this is exactly what I致e done when needing three seats. The downside is needing gold status for the seat selection for the 3rd traveller.
Well I知 not good status. Guess I値l just have to pay for seat selection?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GibFlyer
Well I知 not good status. Guess I値l just have to pay for seat selection?
If travelling on Club Suites I wouldn稚 pay for seat selection if I had to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.