Search

HKG - LHR online check-in Q

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2023, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
HKG - LHR online check-in Q

Hi,

Flying HKG-LHR soon as OWE and would love to go to the airport quite earlier to enjoy the many lounges on offer. I’ll be traveling with hand luggage only on a UK passport.

Is OLCI back to what it was pre-covid whereby it’s a few clicks on the app and then boarding pass issued to your AppleWallet or equivalent? The last time I flew long haul with BA was April 2022 and you couldn’t complete OLCI. Generic message of ‘cannot complete online’ or something, which ofc was due to document checks (that were already all uploaded on VeriFly but anyways &#128524. All my advanced passenger info is complete. Really hoping I can get boarding pass on my phone and not have to get issued at the BA check-in desk which only opens 3h before dept. thanks!!

(BTW as it stands in-town check-in at HK station is still only for CX flights)
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am sure someone will confirm, but it should be back to normal now as there are no covid doc requirements for flying to the UK anymore.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by BrettG2909
Hi,

Flying HKG-LHR soon as OWE and would love to go to the airport quite earlier to enjoy the many lounges on offer. I’ll be traveling with hand luggage only on a UK passport.

Is OLCI back to what it was pre-covid whereby it’s a few clicks on the app and then boarding pass issued to your AppleWallet or equivalent? The last time I flew long haul with BA was April 2022 and you couldn’t complete OLCI. Generic message of ‘cannot complete online’ or something, which ofc was due to document checks (that were already all uploaded on VeriFly but anyways &#128524. All my advanced passenger info is complete. Really hoping I can get boarding pass on my phone and not have to get issued at the BA check-in desk which only opens 3h before dept. thanks!!

(BTW as it stands in-town check-in at HK station is still only for CX flights)
It is indeed back to normal, as of January 2023 and May 2023. You will get a mobile boarding pass straight away. Once you get to the gate, upon boarding, they'll print one out for you as they need to collect the paper copy (for some reason).
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:39 am

I did this run about two weeks ago, and I got the generic get your boarding pass at the airport message.
I also wanted to hit the lounges but ended up waiting for a few hours for the BA check-in desks to open.

YMMV
Old Aug 3, 2023, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
I did this run about two weeks ago, and I got the generic get your boarding pass at the airport message.
I also wanted to hit the lounges but ended up waiting for a few hours for the BA check-in desks to open.

YMMV
yea that’s what I don’t want to happen lol. Was there any reason why they gave you that message? I used to travel quite a bit on BA long haul with work pre-covid and was always issued boarding pass on phone as simply as my usual BHD-LHR hop. But understand it can be different in different countries.

Anyone have any recent experience of the HKG-LHR run with boarding pass issued seamlessly to phone? Thanks 😊
Old Aug 3, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is in-town check in open again for BA ? If so might offer another way of getting an early pass even if you don’t have bags to drop. (CX restarted last month).

( sorry should have read the original post mere closely, seems it is not.)

Last edited by tinkicker; Aug 3, 2023 at 6:08 pm
Old Aug 3, 2023, 2:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The last sentence of post 1 suggest not.
tinkicker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.