Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation for 9:30 delay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2023, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Assuming these are BA flights though, and connecting through the UK, this would be within scope of UK261.
That is interesting as it differs from EC261, where the whole itinerary is considered. A travel from a third country to a third country, even if operated by a EU carrier would not be covered.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
That is interesting as it differs from EC261, where the whole itinerary is considered. A travel from a third country to a third country, even if operated by a EU carrier would not be covered.
So this booking as I understand is a JFK-LHR-TL one and therefore includes one flight arriving in the UK and another departing the UK.

The comparison would be JFK-AMS-TLV - and yes that would be covered under EC261. So I am not seeing the difference?
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:50 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LiorM
I am dealing with BA directly.
the flight from Jfk was delayed because
the boarding started very lets and later the captain said that we are number 40
on the runway.
We were spoused to land at 6:30 at LHR
but we touched down at 7:45.
the flight to TLV departed at 8:00

The connecting team of BA was waiting with
the tickets for the next flight to Tel Aviv.
the new flight took of at 17:30.

I just ask: is there someone here that was dealing directly with BA as I do
and how much time it took to BA to investigate the case and transfer the money

thanks
If you ended up number 40 in the queue it's possible there were ATC restrictions due to weather which affected flow rate, although equally large queue numbers aren't that uncommon at JFK. if there was sufficient ATC delay to make you miss your connection BA may have an outer on paying delay compensation. We really need every detail, including flight date, to see whether that's a viable defence for BA.

The more you give us, the more useful, practical help we can give. At the moment we still don't have enough information to form a full opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.