Search

LHR Conformity costing BA a fortune

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2023, 5:24 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by 13901
  •  
    • Transfer passengers: use the door (normally located on the left as you enter the terminal from the jetty) leading upstairs into the gate area. PRMs can use the lift, and the escalator needs to be modified to allow it to go up rather than just going down
That only works if pax isn't transferring to a UK flight (such as OP)?

Those cases will still have to be sent to some form of centralised clearance?
Old Jul 18, 2023, 5:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
2 minutes late for conformance - how I misjudged that wee break - and denied access. Rebooked 5 hours later.
Flight then delayed by 20 minutes so could have made it.
Luckily very helpful person at service desk, rebooked me for my return, although it's now a very long day.
How much can I eat in CCR?
adrianlondon and percysmith like this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Hello OP - we met u in the lounge that Tuesday lunchtime

Hello to you & Manchester and Yorkshire Lasses we both have to benefit from & endure!.....

We met briefly in the Lounge on your way back home, glad you and the Grandkids got back safe and sound......

I agree about the non conformity BS - had an experience of this myself doing a TP run! Madam was not best pleased! The things I do for Silver!

Sofitel isn't that bad and they do a good Brekkie. It's so convenient and often me and My Lady will stop there the night before and get our Holiday started seeing we live in civilisation in the W Midlands and use the Club Millesmie Lounge, realise with grandkids that's awkward.

Take Care m8 and nice meeting you!

Rgds

Steve
Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by percysmith
That only works if pax isn't transferring to a UK flight (such as OP)?

Those cases will still have to be sent to some form of centralised clearance?
A little more complicated yes, but a standalone airside UK Border Force checkpoint could be set up where the passenger is processed for entry to the UK and their biometrics taken for the biometric check.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 7:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Sorry which ever terminal that BA flies that morning Nairobi flight and Cape Town. And yes - there was conformance - I was denied entry at the security screen, . It was the fast track area - I could have made it. So if there is no conformance at T3, why was a denied entry to the secure screen area? This was all in late 2019 ( pre covid)

Had to go downstairs to be rebooked the next day. My bags did make it Nairobi though,- BA didn't bother to offload those .

At T5 I will often walk to South security, instead of first wing, right to millionaires door - I always make sure to can my board card on that silly thing, just so they don't offload me. Both the gate and secure screen machine.

AIr France and Lufthansa doesn't do conformance to the best of my knowledge. Some silly management / technology consultant probably thought this was a good idea -and sold BA on it.
Is it really saving them money and improving operations?

Last edited by OpenSky; Jul 18, 2023 at 7:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.