Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Turned away from LHR T5 Galleries North lounge (full)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:10 am
Original Poster

With a response, we need to let 50 people out before anybody else can enter, however I’ve found a vacant seat in the south

praying for a B gate departure
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by mwp1
With a response, we need to let 50 people out before anybody else can enter, however I’ve found a vacant seat in the south

Hi

You could go straight to the b gate lounge as long as you dont mind a walk back should your flight leaves from the a gates

Regards

Tbs
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by mwp1

B is my default lounge anyway. If you haven't tried the self-propelled (no train) journey back to A and are able to then it's worth being familiar with to increase options.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

You could go straight to the b gate lounge as long as you dont mind a walk back should your flight leaves from the a gates

Regards

Tbs

in the B lounge now, done exactley this

looks like my flight will be going from C gate , so not a bad shout TBS
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
T5 is becoming the new Luton. Proper summer season is clearly going to be all kinds of fun.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
T5 is becoming the new Luton. Proper summer season is clearly going to be all kinds of fun.
Dear Lawd... NO!
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
In another thread I'm inquiring / hoping that I'll squeeze a Silver renewal with 590TP. I hope they don't do it for anyone else as well ...
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:39 am

I flew MYK on Monday. T5 check-in and security was quiet. Straight through. T5 itself wasn't immensely busy. However, South lounge was rammed. It was hard to find a seat. I'm amazed how many people get into a BA lounge these days. Either everyone now has status or everyone is flying J. I'd assume the former. Maybe people are making up for not being able to fly in 2020 (and 2021 for many) and now travelling frequentely.

I must admit, a friend of mine in London is always posting weekend trips away to Italy, Spain, Croatia etc. Must be going at least once a month! Wasn't doing that before the pandemic. Only started in 2022. It's like people think they must 'travel as much as possible whilst we can....'.
becks1 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by chriswiles
Either everyone now has status or everyone is flying J.
It’s leisure season and premium leisure travel is where the airline is making its money at the moment. Also the perfect storm of ended status extensions for former GCHs now becoming SCHs and new SCHs from the BAH double TPs.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I flew MYK on Monday. T5 check-in and security was quiet. Straight through. T5 itself wasn't immensely busy. However, South lounge was rammed. It was hard to find a seat. I'm amazed how many people get into a BA lounge these days. Either everyone now has status or everyone is flying J. I'd assume the former. Maybe people are making up for not being able to fly in 2020 (and 2021 for many) and now travelling frequentely.

I must admit, a friend of mine in London is always posting weekend trips away to Italy, Spain, Croatia etc. Must be going at least once a month! Wasn't doing that before the pandemic. Only started in 2022. It's like people think they must 'travel as much as possible whilst we can....'.
Come on, you must know it is JMK by now 😁
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by krispy84
Come on, you must know it is JMK by now 😁
Yeah, I don't think BA flies to MYK.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Creek_Airport

Last edited by AirborneLocksmith; Jun 20, 2023 at 9:02 am
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:56 am

If I lived in London or certainly closer to an airport that serves many such destinations, I would do the same! With the remote working abroad now being a possibility for many as well, I think that’s what’s certainly helping to keep the demand high even when the school holidays are not on. My flight to Mallorca on the weekend had no empty seat.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Now is a just about the perfect time for anyone that doesn't need to travel in the school holidays to go on holiday. It's cheaper than it will be in a month's time and the weather will be nice also without reaching the summer highs.

Probably not a huge surprise that the lounges are busy.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Premier league status?
veron689908 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Wasn’t Luton airport once likened to paradise? 😀
Deckard likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.