Wiki Posts
Search

BA F Avios Inventory LHR<->HND

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
BA F Avios Inventory LHR<->HND

Can I ask if anyone was successful grabbing any avios seats in F with the reintroduction of the cabin later this year? Insider source has said 'our Revenue Management team...advised that Avios availability for First on this route has been released where applicable, and this began when we announced the change to the 4-cabin service', but I saw nothing via SeatSpy despite setting up an instant alert.

Grateful for any insights.

I see zero avios F seats for HND/PEK/PVG for the next 12 months...
Old Jun 20, 2023, 11:30 am

I also have an interest in this although I am not sure it is applicable to my flights which are next May/June as I thought I read the retintroduction of the 4-cabin service was for a certain time only? If a permanent change, then I shall continue to keep an eye out. Secured J redemptions already.

Currently they are running a B789 - so Club World although hoping by next year they will be Club Suites - but didn't think they ran F on these routes due to the length/leaving the seats available for crew rest?
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by FlyingCruiser
Currently they are running a B789 - so Club World although hoping by next year they will be Club Suites
Unlikely that the 789s will have the suites by next year, they've only just started retrofitting the 788s and the first retrofitted 788 isn't expected to reenter service until October iirc, so 789s won't see CS until the back end of 2024 at the earliest.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by GingerLord
Can I ask if anyone was successful grabbing any avios seats in F with the reintroduction of the cabin later this year? Insider source has said 'our Revenue Management team...advised that Avios availability for First on this route has been released where applicable, and this began when we announced the change to the 4-cabin service', but I saw nothing via SeatSpy despite setting up an instant alert.

Grateful for any insights.

I see zero avios F seats for HND/PEK/PVG for the next 12 months...
Not to disappoint you too much but I think the phrase "Avios availability for First on this route has been released where applicable" might reasonably be taken to mean that there haven been no F seats whatsoever released, or indeed very few. 8 F seats in most cabins nowadays just doesn't make for much flexibility for revenue management. The best chance is probably just after the end of the next sale, that seems to be a time when additional redemption seats are often available.
GingerLord likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by zaphod424
Unlikely that the 789s will have the suites by next year, they've only just started retrofitting the 788s and the first retrofitted 788 isn't expected to reenter service until October iirc, so 789s won't see CS until the back end of 2024 at the earliest.
Ah, OK thanks. I'll not get my hopes up.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:58 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
I think the clue is in the phrase '...where applicable' alas.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by FlyingCruiser
Currently they are running a B789 - so Club World although hoping by next year they will be Club Suites - but didn't think they ran F on these routes due to the length/leaving the seats available for crew rest?
First isn't used as crew rest on the HND 789. It's simply an overspill if Club loads exceeds the CW cabin and they need the extra 8 F seats.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by shefgab
First isn't used as crew rest on the HND 789. It's simply an overspill if Club loads exceeds the CW cabin and they need the extra 8 F seats.
Thanks, why do they not sell the F seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.