TP Bonus on AUP After Avios Upgrade?

Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

TP Bonus on AUP After Avios Upgrade?

I recently upgraded one leg of a revenue WTP flight I have down the line using Avois into CW, and I started to wonder, in the rare chance I get offered an AUP into F what would happen with tier points if I accepted. As of now that flight now shows a booking code of U, so my assumption is no TP bonus.

Although then I saw in the AUP sticky thread, this statement:
"AUPs do give additional Tier Points and Avios, so long as the underlying ticket is a revenue ticket. That includes revenue tickets where Avios were use to part pay."

I am pretty sure this is referring to the price reduction capability of Avios, but does it also cover an avios class upgrade?

In the distant past I did a book + upgrade combo once (W to J) and IIRC the way that worked was I actually got WTP points. Although that was done at the same time.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity
Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You should only get WT+. However, mistakes can and do happen, especially if it posts as zero and you have to chase it up
Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by n1hl1
I recently upgraded one leg of a revenue WTP flight I have down the line using Avois into CW, and I started to wonder, in the rare chance I get offered an AUP into F what would happen with tier points if I accepted. As of now that flight now shows a booking code of U, so my assumption is no TP bonus.
I had this very situation a few months ago and darthlemsip is correct.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 5:11 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by n1hl1

Although then I saw in the AUP sticky thread, this statement:
"AUPs do give additional Tier Points and Avios, so long as the underlying ticket is a revenue ticket. That includes revenue tickets where Avios were use to part pay."

I am pretty sure this is referring to the price reduction capability of Avios, but does it also cover an avios class upgrade?

In the distant past I did a book + upgrade combo once (W to J) and IIRC the way that worked was I actually got WTP points. Although that was done at the same time.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity
You can also add into the mix whether the original WT+ booking is a BAH. Let's just say it's not unheard of for an avios-upgraded holiday flight to post higher TPs. I have no idea what would happen if you then were to AUP to F in this situation (I wanted to do so a couple of weeks ago LHR-JFK but the 700 ug CW to F was a show-stopper).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.