Wiki Posts
Search

Avios to Estonia?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2023, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Avios to Estonia?

Is it possible to get Avios flights to Estonia (TLL via HEL) ? Website says we don’t fly there but is it possible to get those via a phone call?

(sorry about autocorrect mangling thread title)
nordic likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Is it possible to get Avios flights to Estonia (TLL via HEL) ? Website says we don’t fly there but is it possible to get those via a phone call?

I would try searching for each leg separately, and then calling BAEC if you find something suitable. (HEL-TLL award availability is wide open with AA miles.) Getting award space LON-HEL might be more challenging.
Old May 27, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I've research some flights from TLL on the BA website and they come up as code shares on AY - definitely only select destinations, however.
Old May 27, 2023, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcmike
I've research some flights from TLL on the BA website and they come up as code shares on AY - definitely only select destinations, however.
The OP is asking about Avios redemptions to TLL. AY is the only oneworld carrier which serves TLL, so any Avios redemption to TLL is going to involve flying AY for HEL-TLL, if not for the entire itinerary.
Old May 27, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BA no longer fly to HEL so it will be AY all the way from LHR. Unless you want to go via DOH with QR…
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
BA no longer fly to HEL so it will be AY all the way from LHR. Unless you want to go via DOH with QR…
AA is showing some double-connection award routings via DUS and HEL.
Old May 27, 2023, 7:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club

HEL-TLL is operated by a Finnair subsidiary and I believe it’s not possible to book online but it is possible to call.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

Originally Posted by mmogdan
HEL-TLL is operated by a Finnair subsidiary and I believe it’s not possible to book online but it is possible to call.
mmogdan is correct. HEL-TLL is operated by Norrra and you have to call to redeem as the website has trouble recognizing these flights.
See:
HEL-TLL error
nordic regional airlines
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
mmogdan is correct. HEL-TLL is operated by Norrra and you have to call to redeem as the website has trouble recognizing these flights.
See:
HEL-TLL error
nordic regional airlines
Thanks - there is LHR-HEL available for my dates it was just finding the HEL-TLL sector addin which was going wrong! This makes sense and I’ll call.
jerry a. laska likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.