Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Carrier Imposed Charge in a multi partner award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2023, 7:59 am
Original Poster

I recently booked a multi partner award with Avios: IST-DOH-DXB-HKG-KIX-HND-HKG-BKK-DOH. I payed about 408 CHF in Taxes and Fees. The YQ part is 191.85 CHF. Now I changed the HKG-KIX-HND to HKG-HND because there was availability on JAL nonstop in Business. After the change I waited 24 hours and called again for the new Taxes and Fees. They wanted now 767.85 CHF. So its almost double the amount. I think it cant be correct. If i lookup on ba.com I have three times Carrier Imposed Charge in the new e-ticket receipt:

Carrier Imposed Charge CHF 256.60
Carrier Imposed Charge CHF 221.45
Carrier Imposed Charge CHF 64.30

I asked them to recalculate and Im waiting now for a response. Could it be true and almost the double it, just because of changing this leg?
Old Apr 14, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
It depends. I presume this is all business class, and you originally had QR, QR, CX, CX, JL, ??, CX, QR - I've played w/pricing DXB-HKG-KIX-HND on CX, CX, JL and comparing to DXB-HKG-KIX-HND on CX, JL and CX/JL do charge different YR/YQ amounts, which can vary depending on point of origin, connections/stopovers, overall routing, etc., etc.

Generally speaking, JL's surcharges are higher than CX's, but there's a lot of variables make it awkward to recreate and give a definitive answer I'm afraid. But, yes, it's possible that's what the YQ/YR is for the new route.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 9:44 am
Original Poster

It was

IST-DOH QR F
DOH-DXB QR F
DXB-HKG CX Y+ (longest sector, Avios pricing will be in Y+)
HKG-KIX CX C
KIX-HND JL Y
HND-HKG CX C
HKG-BKK CX C
BKK-DOH F

I changed to HKG-HND JL in C

I just thought this small change cant double it. If yes, I have to deal with it. Because they already took the other two legs out of the booking.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 10:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
But aren’t the taxes/fees/charges recalculated for the whole booking when you do a change? It may be the YQ has increased for one or more of the other sectors as well so you will end up paying for all that even tho you aren’t changing those sectors.
JAXBA likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:32 am
Original Poster

I just got all the taxes:

​​​​​
PD 256.60 YQ
PD 19.75 TR
PD 14.95 QA
PD 221.45 YR
PD 8.65 F6
PD 37.00 G3
PD 3.60 OI
PD 14.85 TW
PD 18.55 TS
PD 3.00 M6
PD 14.95 G4
PD 2.50 R9
PD 64.30 YQ
PD 1.25 TP
PD 27.70 HK
PD 14.50 SW
PD 0.95 E7
PD 1.90 PZ
PD 0.50 PZ
PD 1.25 ZR
PD 18.50
PD 1.25 ZR
PD 12.70 I5
PD 6.80 TK
PD 0.40 G8
PD 508.25 XT
Everything seems right, except XT. Did anyone know what XT is for? Its more than half of the total.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ICPUI
Did anyone know what XT is for? Its more than half of the total.
XT is a combination of TFCs that don't fit on "page 1" of the ticket. But all the other TFCs add up to the CHF767.85 you mentioned originally, so it's unlikely that the 508.25 is in addition to the 767.85, but is probably a sum of some of the TFCS already broken down.

You might see an XT breakdown in the fare construction line, so if you see IST QR DOH QR DXB CX HKG JL TYO CX HKG CX BKK QR DOH0.00NUC0.00 ROEX.XX you might then see XT followed by more TFCs - and if that's there they should see the same ones you already have listed.
Old May 5, 2023, 1:21 am
Original Poster

fyi: after a lot of back and forth BA finally admitted, that the calculation was wrong. I got a refund over 264 CHF. Thats more than a third. There is just once a YQ and no YR anymore. But it was a long fight with BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.