Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking drinks between CCR and GF?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Taking drinks between CCR and GF?

On Friday, I'm flying out of T5 with two friends. I'm GGL, one friend is Gold, one is "only" silver. Plan is to hang out in GF, as I can't guest two into the CCR on a shorthaul flight

Ideally, myself and one friend would like to enjoy some LPGS with our food. (Third friend would like to too, but he's doing the driving when we land so won't be!)

Leaving our designated driver to dine alone in GF seems like it'll be an unpopular move... So I was wondering about guesting the other drinker in CCR, we'd order a glass each at the bar, then carry it back to GF to enjoy there

Is that allowed?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC
You might want to ask here. Get your tin hat on. I’ll get the popcorn ready 🍿

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

As a career designated driver, I would be pretty happy for my mates to go ahead and drink their fill of LPGS in the CCR while I sat with the hoi pilloi in GF. For an hour or two I'd be fine. I assume you'll be spending the trip together so you'll have plenty of time to catch up there.

Last edited by RichieMc; Apr 4, 2023 at 6:37 am
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
On Friday, I'm flying out of T5 with two friends. I'm GGL, one friend is Gold, one is "only" silver. Plan is to hang out in GF, as I can't guest two into the CCR on a shorthaul flight

Ideally, myself and one friend would like to enjoy some LPGS with our food. (Third friend would like to too, but he's doing the driving when we land so won't be!)

Leaving our designated driver to dine alone in GF seems like it'll be an unpopular move... So I was wondering about guesting the other drinker in CCR, we'd order a glass each at the bar, then carry it back to GF to enjoy there

Is that allowed?
I'm sure it's not allowed formally (Guests may not carry out drink or food supplied in the lounge) but am not the custodian of the rule book. I would imagine you'd not be noticed leaving CCR carrying a glass of champagne but not sure you will be allowed into GF carrying alcohol unless you hid it in some fashion. I don't personally recommend this; I imagine this post will bring out lots of opinions on lounge 'take outs'
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Tbf this isn't quite the same.

Yes you can do it for the reason you described. Occasionally you will encounter a BA agent on the GF entrance who will be an arse about it, but what can you do.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I would perhaps ask a member of staff in the CCR (both you and your guest) if they could take two glasses through the kitchen/staff area from CCR to GF.

I've had a member of staff (and no request from me) if we'd like some red from CCR when in GF. He recognised us from a previous F flight recently and we had a good chat then. Mind you, this was 2019 or so.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would advise against. It puts you and a BA staffer in an avoidable, unnecessary and awkward position, just for a few sips of alcoholic beverage, when GF has plenty of other options. Briefly you are leaving the lounges to cross between them, carrying drinks out of CCR, and a staff member may feel this isn't correct. It certainly doesn't give me a positive vibe. The one area where this may be OK, is if you go to CCR, explain the situation, then a CCR staff member who is minded to help may discreetly bring you a tray of drinks in GF - they can pass via the kitchen which straddles between both lounges.

There will always be another opportunity to use CCR, not everything has to be now.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
To me there is no substantive difference between taking a drink from a lounge into another lounge or taking a drink between a lounge and onboard. Having said that, personally I think both are fine so no issue in principle.

however if indeed you take anything which is ccr specific out of the ccr, I’d expect you to propose to take it back there so that staff don’t have to deal with mismatching counts if it’s an issue (the kitchen is in between so they may well not care but I’d offer anyway.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
As per the OPs reasoning, why not order a couple of meals from the CCR restaurant and carry them through to GF too ?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Maybe a chair or two?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Take a bottle to avoid repeated trips.....
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
I’m going to go against some of our (much) more respected members and say what you propose is fine. I have grabbed a glass of LPGS from the CCR bar and headed across with it in hand to say hello to some friends in GF before returning without issue. One caveat is that I can understand if, given it is Good Friday and if you are flying at a peak time, things may not work as wished with so many people coming and going, but I feel most agents will understand.

Pilot37
AnaTravel and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
All I want to know is can I take a packaged chocolate muffin from GF to the CCR?
KARFA, becks1, zen100 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Genius1
All I want to know is can I take a packaged chocolate muffin from GF to the CCR?
crisps. The contentious one is always the packet of crisps!!
wrp96, alex67500, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:50 am

Not to be the health and safety freak but I wonder whether this isn’t formally allowed anyway - removing a glass from the lounge obviously being the reason.

Irrespective of this, I can’t understand why a drink of something is more important than just being all together.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Haven’t been in GF for awhile but apart from LPGS there isn’t much difference in the sparkling on offer. Lanson extra dry age rose and Hattingley are in GF too..
Fatdickie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.