Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays - Booking Non Listed Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2023, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
BA Holidays - Booking Non Listed Hotel

I have heard (from a non-authoritative source), that BA Holidays can book hotels that are not listed on their website?

I am looking to go to Vegas in the summer, and the cheapest listed hotel for the dates is "The D", but there is a 40$ a night resort fee..... However, the 4 Queens, which is next door to The D, has no resort fee, but is not listed on their hotel list.

Is there any truth to that?

Cheers
Old Apr 1, 2023, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some have had success by calling. See:
BA Holidays experiences: Hotels not listed on the website
BA Holidays booking - ordering "off menu"?
RJD1983 and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I have had success phoning up for a non listed hotel in Boston. It was a hotel previously listed by BA holidays.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 7:02 am

BAH have a policy of not selling any hotels they havent audited themselves, but there are several in this position that they then choose not to advertise for whatever reason. If the one you want is included, itll be ok but you have to phone up.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We have had several unlisted room categories, but never tried an unlisted establishment. But BAH will try to help, I’m sure.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
BA Holidays are effectively a travel agent putting together different elements of travel to form a package and hence are agents for many hotels not listed.

in Cancun the hotel I was due to go to had overrunning renovations and was still closed 2 weeks before travel. BA wouldn’t put us in hotels of the same group priced lower as they weren’t bootable by the agent they used for our hotel. They did come up with an alternative and paid for transfers due to the replacement hotel being further away from airport than original hotel and gave a cash sum more than double the major change by us category along with a hefty sum of Avios. It was complicated but ask BA if there’s a hotel you’d like to say in. They can usually request it if approved and sold by one of their suppliers.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
BA Holidays are effectively a travel agent putting together different elements of travel to form a package and hence are agents for many hotels not listed.
No they are a tour operator.
They contract many hotels and resorts to sell as part of a ATOL protected package, most of which are featured on their website.
They may well have contracted a particular hotel group but chosen not to feature all of the properties. For example AM Resorts in Mecico, there are many sub brands (Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams) but not all are bookable as a BAH. A call to BAH can quickly provide verification whether the property required can be secured. Unlikely to work in the OP's case I wouldn't have thought as it doesn't look like the hotel is of the calibre BAH would work with but no harm in asking. Like you say, if you don't ask you don't get.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The fact BAH would align themselves with Excalibur, suggests they would with 4 Queens! Give them a call and come back to us RJD1983
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Unlikely to work in the OP's case I wouldn't have thought as it doesn't look like the hotel is of the calibre BAH would work with.
Why do you say that??? BAH lists hotels the world over that are a lot worse than the Four Queens.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA Executive
Can you also just book one night?

Originally Posted by RJD1983
I have heard (from a non-authoritative source), that BA Holidays can book hotels that are not listed on their website?

I am looking to go to Vegas in the summer, and the cheapest listed hotel for the dates is "The D", but there is a 40$ a night resort fee..... However, the 4 Queens, which is next door to The D, has no resort fee, but is not listed on their hotel list.

Is there any truth to that?

Cheers
Sorry to piggy back on this forum-Im not great at tech and couldnt work out how to post my own-question is can you just book one nights hotel of a 10 night stay including flights obviously, to make it a BA holiday?

TIA
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Juliet34
Sorry to piggy back on this forum-I’m not great at tech and couldn’t work out how to post my own-question is ‘can you just book one night’s hotel of a 10 night stay including flights obviously, to make it a BA holiday?

TIA
Yes 👍
Juliet34 and RJD1983 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
We have had some luck re-booking a hotel that BAH had on their books the previous year but were not currently advertising when we wanted to return. I don't know however if there was general practice or they were just being nice as we had booked a lot of trips with them that year.
RJD1983 likes this.

Last edited by firstlight; Apr 9, 2023 at 6:36 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.