Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR in First Direct

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; LHW Sterling; SLH Inspired; Hilton & Marriott Gold; HT P9; (ex) AA survivor; Harrods Gold
YVR in First Direct

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if there's already a thread for this, but it seems that I can no longer find any direct flights from YVR to LHR in First. Was there an applicable equipment change that has led to First becoming unavailable on this routing or am I missing something?

Cheers!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by bzado
Hi All,

Apologies in advance if there's already a thread for this, but it seems that I can no longer find any direct flights from YVR to LHR in First. Was there an applicable equipment change that has led to First becoming unavailable on this routing or am I missing something?

Cheers!
It’s served by the A350 currently which is CW, WTP and WT only
bzado likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; LHW Sterling; SLH Inspired; Hilton & Marriott Gold; HT P9; (ex) AA survivor; Harrods Gold
Originally Posted by jamestg
Do you think it's worth it rerouting through DFW via AA instead?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That adds about to the mileage by a third, plus an inelegant transfer. I thought the point of going First was to reduce the "pain" of travelling?????

No, would be a shorter answer. CW is in the new Suites. And there is still First to SEA.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
That seems like an awfully long detour. Is YVR your final destination? You can also get fo DFW in BA. And maybe BA in F to Seattle works for you?
RJD1983 and bzado like this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:18 pm

It’s a personal choice of a direct flight or having the F experience. Factor in how much inconvenience there will be for you to have an indirect flight to travel F.
Having said that, if you’ve never experienced F on BA, and you can find it in your budget, it’s well worth it. It’s up to your personal time/budget constraints.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichieMc
That seems like an awfully long detour. Is YVR your final destination? You can also get fo DFW in BA. And maybe BA in F to Seattle works for you?
Thank you, all. This would not be a booking for myself but rather for mother dearest who has expressed that she would not be willing to travel in non-First and it would be YVR->LHR. I will float the idea of flying out of Seattle instead. I had mentioned the DFW option as I noticed a connection there through AA.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by jamestg
No F even when it reverts to the 772, but at least it's still CS.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And there is still First to SEA.
Unless I'm on a TP run or something, I wouldn't even consider SEA for the sake of F. It's a pain to connect through even with the new international arrivals facility. And apart from the Centurion lounge there's nowhere decent to hang around airside. Then there's SEA-YVR on AS, which marginally better these days now that the DH4s are gone, but still far from a nice way to end a trip in F.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Unless I'm on a TP run or something, I wouldn't even consider SEA for the sake of F. It's a pain to connect through even with the new international arrivals facility. And apart from the Centurion lounge there's nowhere decent to hang around airside. Then there's SEA-YVR on AS, which marginally better these days now that the DH4s are gone, but still far from a nice way to end a trip in F.
Just take a taxi to Vancouver. It would cost £500 or so, and 3 hours, which isn't what I would do but it's relative to a First fare.
SilverChris and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:06 pm

Train from SEA across the border?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Confus
Lovely, and I've done it a few times, but goodness it's slow.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Confus
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Lovely, and I've done it a few times, but goodness it's slow.
Or Harbour Air on a seaplane which is a LOT of fun!

Admittedly this is coming in from Seattle to Victoria rather than Vancouver.

https://www.screencast.com/t/bCzBtJGk7Hsd
bzado likes this.

Last edited by golfmad; Mar 29, 2023 at 3:29 pm
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Or the Victoria Clipper cat to Victoria, then bus / ferry / bus connection to Vancouver. Lovely!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by golfmad
Oh yes. It's even more memorable if you land against strong headwinds - almost like a vertical landing. Takes the sting out of not getting the salmon appetizer earlier in the journey
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Taking the 45 min AS flight from SEA-YVR isn't that bad. If they insist on F (good on her!) then LHR-SEA-YVR makes way more sense than connecting in DFW for a 4 hour AA flight.
bzado likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.