Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Belfast BHD Aspire Lounge : refurbished and reopened

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

There’s no alcohol available in the Belfast Aspire Lounge for “operational” reasons. I wonder if they forgot to renew the licence… It’s still really busy though - delays on both evening flights to LHR.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by BHD Belle
There’s no alcohol available in the Belfast Aspire Lounge for “operational” reasons. I wonder if they forgot to renew the licence… It’s still really busy though - delays on both evening flights to LHR.
I hope they find some by Sunday! Actually they had the same excuse some weeks back when there was no diet coke.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 11:26 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by blurt91
I hope they find some by Sunday! Actually they had the same excuse some weeks back when there was no diet coke.
There was no access to the lounge this morning. A handwritten note on the door said closed for renovations.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ECR
There was no access to the lounge this morning. A handwritten note on the door said closed for renovations.
Not good news. Interestingly it appears that you can still book for today on the website. I wonder if it was overnight work that wasn't finished in time for opening perhaps losing an hour with the clock change....clutching at straws here!😂
Sealink, TRISTAR1979 and BHD Belle like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:35 am
formerly JackDann

I know they are scheduled to renovate it - but wasn’t sure when. I completely forgot that this will mean it’ll be shut for a while!
Sealink and blurt91 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:49 am
ECR

Originally Posted by JD1905
I know they are scheduled to renovate it - but wasn’t sure when. I completely forgot that this will mean it’ll be shut for a while!
According to the news item on Belfast City Airport:-
To avoid disruption for passengers, the refurbishment will be undertaken in a phased approach, enabling the lounge to remain open at all times”

https://www.belfastcityairport.com/n...ion-Investment
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:58 am

I wonder if they are issuing vouchers....I guess I will know in a couple of hours!
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:10 am
ECR

Originally Posted by blurt91
I wonder if they are issuing vouchers....I guess I will know in a couple of hours!
I had a mobile boarding pass so I didn't visit the check in counter so I don't know.

Maybe it will open later in the day, who knows. It looks like when it does open entry will be via the ”exit door” at gate 4 used for direct boarding. It was locked this morning though.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:58 am

So lounge is closed and £15 vouchers given, although had to ask for them they weren't offered. Took check in staff 5 minutes to sort out Starbucks wouldn't accept them but café Nero would. Might start a new thread with lounge closed title.
Sealink, bafan, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:23 am

BHD Lounge Closed

I know that this got tacked onto another BHD thread, but probably worth starting one with closed in the title. Check in staff didn't know for how long. Issued £15 vouchers, but I had to ask for them. Starbucks wouldn't accept them but Nero did. It all seemed to confuse people.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Fingers crossed it's opened for Friday, though I won't be holding my breath.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ECR
I had a mobile boarding pass so I didn't visit the check in counter so I don't know.

Maybe it will open later in the day, who knows. It looks like when it does open entry will be via the ”exit door” at gate 4 used for direct boarding. It was locked this morning though.
So if you don't visit the check in desk, and are not aware the lounge is closed, you get nothing?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by Sealink
So if you don't visit the check in desk, and are not aware the lounge is closed, you get nothing?
I assume so. Normally, they start sending those "A message from British Airways about your flight" type emails when this happens but it may be that this has happened unexpectedly (and British Airways is a surprisingly Monday-Friday 9-5 company for an airline so there's every chance the person who sets this up won't be at a desk today).
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
For what it's worth, Aspire are selling entry from 1800 this afternoon.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Sealink
Absolutely correct...and even then they weren't offered proactively.
Sealink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.