Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Parents in Business, kids in EP - lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parents in Business, kids in EP - lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by VSLover
frankly i dont know why they dont just leave one of the kids at home.

would resolve a lot of issues.
It only resolves the immediate issue. The same thing will happen when they travel again. Tbh the best thing would be disown one of the kids or maybe donate to a friend.
moondog, VSLover and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:16 am

Does your wife have a Amex Platinum Card? If so you can always guest one person each leaving one child needing to be paid.

Amex Lounge allows you to guest in 2 people for a card holder but its not clear if additional card holders can also guest in 2 people. My suggestion would be to call Amex and clarify
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is it possible to upgrade the kids to Club Europe on the LHR-FAO sector?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suley
Does your wife have a Amex Platinum Card? If so you can always guest one person each leaving one child needing to be paid.

Amex Lounge allows you to guest in 2 people for a card holder but it’s not clear if additional card holders can also guest in 2 people. My suggestion would be to call Amex and clarify
I just got my wife a business platinum card, so she’ll be good to go. But with Amex changing the guest privileges in Feb 2023 (and not spending 70k per year) we’ll have to pay to get the kids in. Is the plaza premium lounge decent?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Is it possible to upgrade the kids to Club Europe on the LHR-FAO sector?
that was a great idea, but they’re sold out of club Europe for that flight
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kosslerj
Drat! This looks to be correct, and the LHR -> FAO leg has been changed to T5. I wonder if that was connected to them announcing the switch to Finnair for this flight a few weeks ago. So now that it’s T5, is my best lounge option Plaza Premium and pay for the guests?
The switch back to T5 happened months ago, along with some minor tweaks in flight times but not connected to the Finnair leases.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I just got my wife a business platinum card, so she’ll be good to go. But with Amex changing the guest privileges in Feb 2023 (and not spending 70k per year) we’ll have to pay to get the kids in. Is the plaza premium lounge decent?
The two non BA lounges are Aspire - very difficult to get into by all accounts - and Plaza, which can sometimes be tricky too unless you are a pre-paid customer (and lounge + shower won't get you much change of £50 per person). But it's a nice lounge as you would expect at that price.

It may simply be easier to go to Giraffe (the twins may like that) or Wagamama, which are kid-friendly restaurants in T5 in good locations. I'm reliably informed that hotels in Portugal tend to have showers these days.
LapLap and Kosslerj like this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
that was a great idea, but they’re sold out of club Europe for that flight
Is one seat available in CE?. Upgrade one of the two non babysitting youngsters?.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The two non BA lounges are Aspire - very difficult to get into by all accounts - and Plaza, which can sometimes be tricky too unless you are a pre-paid customer (and lounge + shower won't get you much change of £50 per person). But it's a nice lounge as you would expect at that price.

It may simply be easier to go to Giraffe (the twins may like that) or Wagamama, which are kid-friendly restaurants in T5 in good locations. I'm reliably informed that hotels in Portugal tend to have showers these days.
ha! I’ll investigate this inside information on Portugal and report back.

At Plaza, I should be able to get 2 of us in for free with Amex business platinum (wife is authorized user). But the kids would be paid and then €20 showers on top of that?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At Plaza, I should be able to get 2 of us in for free with Amex business platinum (wife is authorized user). But the kids would be paid and then €20 showers on top of that?
Yes, Plaza does charge extra to bring fragancy to your offspring, the amount varies according to the length of stay. I guess it will be cheaper than going Club Europe for each child, an AUP will be about £270 for the three of them.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Out of interest, where are you booking your TPs to? Do you have NO status with oneworld?

PS No judgement on splitting 'kids' who are way more mature than a lot of 'adult' flyers that Ive seen on my trips!
HIDDY and WillTravel4Food like this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
From age 12 I was quite used to (and looked forward to!) being sat separately from my parents when we were on staff travel. Dad might get CW, mum, my younger brother and I would be in WT, or I'd get the lone Y seat on the upper deck and my family would be scattered as needed just so we can get on the flight.

It really depends on the maturity of the kid(s). In OP's situation, in case of any misbehaviour, the crew may request one of the parents to go sit in W with the the offspring, but otherwise split cabins are perfectly normal.
wanderingjock and Kosslerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.