Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 2:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
By The Bar, is this referring to what used to be called Concorde Bar? So just as CCR in LHR is accessible now by all GGLs, would this Bar be similarly available to GGLs too? Recall it was previously behind a locked door - would you now be given a "special key" to access it?
No entry for GGLs unless travelling in First. GGLs get access to the CCRs in LHR and JFK only.

I am seeking clarification, with the recent changes to pre-flight dining, to see if Golds or GGLs are permitted to use First Dining Rooms for pre-flight dining.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Will enjoy QF lounge on way back to LHR and will use the QF F lounge on way back to SYD in October
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:38 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I will be transiting SIN on BA15 on my way to SYD later this month. OW Emerald / Traveling in First. It's been a while since I have been through SIN and the lounges have changed since my last visit. If I want to grab a shower during the short transit, is the Qantas First lounge a better option than the BA lounge? Anyone know how many showers are available or if there is likely to be a wait (assuming I'm quick off the flight!).
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Qantas F is better for food - the menu is great and it's all very nicely done, better than the CCR definitely. BA F is the little cubbyhole and it's OK. So eat at QF and sit and wait in BA. Showers better in BA too.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Originally Posted by gms
I will be transiting SIN on BA15 on my way to SYD later this month. OW Emerald / Traveling in First. It's been a while since I have been through SIN and the lounges have changed since my last visit. If I want to grab a shower during the short transit, is the Qantas First lounge a better option than the BA lounge? Anyone know how many showers are available or if there is likely to be a wait (assuming I'm quick off the flight!).
We are in business on the 23rd Oct ba 15 to syd. If the same date do send some scraps back!
Old Oct 10, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Same BA 15 route in F - how long do you get in the lounge in practice? Do you take or leave carry on and is there transit security?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:30 am
gms

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Same BA 15 route in F - how long do you get in the lounge in practice? Do you take or leave carry on and is there transit security?
I think they allow 1hr 35 for the transit. So if we arrive on schedule maybe a max of 50-60 minutes in the lounge, depending on how far the gate is from the main terminal area where the lounges are. Previous times I've done this route everyone has to get off the aircraft and take all belongings, since they clean, re-cater and change crew. I'm pretty sure it will still be this way.

Last edited by gms; Oct 10, 2022 at 7:37 am
Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:36 am
gms

Originally Posted by jeremyBA
We are in business on the 23rd Oct ba 15 to syd. If the same date do send some scraps back!
We'll already be in Sydney by then. I'm sure the crew will be snaffling any spare F food Enjoy Club World's finest gruel !
Old Oct 10, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
SIN does security at the gate so you will re clear security when boarding to head to SYD. Oh and take everything with you.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 9:02 am

You end up a wide corridor, with passport control on one side and the airport apron on the other. With your back to passport control, the BA and QF business lounges are up an escalator in front of you to the left, and the QF first is sort of a block to the right. I would really quibble with the idea the QF F showers are better than BA, mine wasn't last time through. But the BA showers do get used a lot on the stopover and you may find there's less competition in the more exclusive QF F.

Singapore carpet is the nemesis of wheely bags by the way. Grab one of the little trolleys that are scattered about and use that.

As mentioned by others, security is at the gate. Everyone who presents themselves at security before the queue gets down to nothing will get through, so you don't need to rush to be first.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by ceej123
SIN does security at the gate so you will re clear security when boarding to head to SYD. Oh and take everything with you.
...But don't take anything from the lounge, as any bevs will need to be swiftly disposed of at the gate!
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Coming back from SYD on the layover in SIN, what is the best option for a Silver Exec Card holder?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by JSM8
Coming back from SYD on the layover in SIN, what is the best option for a Silver Exec Card holder?
QF business class or BA business class, they're right next to each other. on the same landing Anecdotally the food is better in QF business, though it's OK in BA and was disappointing the one time I tried QF. BA is quite a nice lounge otherwise, spacious and tranquil, but you get an influx when the stopover happens.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
By The Bar, is this referring to what used to be called Concorde Bar?
Yes, the Concorde Bar is now The Bar at both SIN and DXB. Concorde Dining is now First Dining at JNB, SFO, PHL, ORD, IAD, EWR and BOS.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I am seeking clarification, with the recent changes to pre-flight dining, to see if Golds or GGLs are permitted to use First Dining Rooms for pre-flight dining.
The Bar and First Dining are for First and Premier passengers only. Golds / GGLs can use Club Dining at PHL, ORD, IAD, EWR and BOS. GGLs can use Concorde Dining in the Concorde Room at JFK, and Golds can use Boutique Dining in the First lounge at JFK.
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by Genius1; Oct 11, 2022 at 2:42 am
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bisonrav
As mentioned by others, security is at the gate. Everyone who presents themselves at security before the queue gets down to nothing will get through, so you don't need to rush to be first.
BA normally do have a Fast Track lane set up at the gate too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.