Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge at DEL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BA Lounge at DEL

Dear all,,I’m flying back from Delhi to London on the 14th of February in CW. Does anybody know about the lounge situation at Delhi airport? The last two times I would given a voucher for sad little café with no Wi-Fi or charging facilities. Has this changed ?Thank you in advance.
JainS
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
From the main OneWorld website https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DEL

No lounge access available by the looks of it
Old Feb 12, 2023, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
From the main OneWorld website https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DEL

Be warned the Plaza Premium lounges have all been permanently closed across India. I got this by speaking to an agent at the global contact center.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 12:38 am

The Plaza Premium has been replaced by the Encalm Lounge - access via Priority Pass and a variety of credit cards. For Star Alliance the Air India lounge is open.
jains100 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly

As of this week, BA say there is a lounge…. However, it is 5 tables and a buffet at the back of the sports bar at gate 15.

You get two alcoholic drinks or sodas, there are no diet drinks, and once you leave you can’t come back in. The staff are surly and fairly unfriendly, and the buffet food is fairly unpleasant.

I’d give it a miss and go elsewhere, I’m here now and I don’t think I’ll come back next time…
RJD1983 and DeathSlam like this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club; easyJet Plus
Originally Posted by shauny
As of this week, BA say there is a lounge…. However, it is 5 tables and a buffet at the back of the sports bar at gate 15.

You get two alcoholic drinks or sodas, there are no diet drinks, and once you leave you can’t come back in. The staff are surly and fairly unfriendly, and the buffet food is fairly unpleasant.

I’d give it a miss and go elsewhere, I’m here now and I don’t think I’ll come back next time…
I’m aghast to hear this. Pre-Covid Delhi was like a second home with 70-80 trips over a 10 year period. Not that the Plaza Premium lounge was very good but this sounds like the on ground “premium” product has completely imploded.

BA once had their own lounge in Mumbai and the loss of that was bad enough but a bar and five tables in Delhi is farcical.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I thought i'd give an update for anyone that comes across this - Aug 23, still no lounge.
Given a voucher for the sports bar - gets you two drinks and a rather sad looking buffet.
No charging points and the music is very loud, so you can't make calls or anything like that, actually my flight was delayed by hours and the music pumping at 3AM, 4AM etc soon gets tiring.
That said the Premium Plaza lounge wasn't much to speak of, limited seating, no windows and poor food too.
For all the talk of Air India being the next 'super' airline etc,travelling through Delhi has a long way to go in terms of true 'passenger experience' mentality - while it's by no means terrible, sometimes it feels like they enjoy torturing you eg stupid paper tokens for WIFI if you don't have Indian SIM.
The airport has a very high staff to passenger ratio, but they all seem to work slower than airports with half the staff!
Weirdly BA seem to have cancelled the BA256 / BA257 flights this week. I guess they found somewhere more profitable to fly the planes.... seems unfair on anyone who had a booked ticket!
ajamieson likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, BA Gold Guest List, AA MM, Delta Silver
So what’s currently the best paid/credit card program option instead of the sports bar?
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 9:19 pm

Update Sept 23

Originally Posted by jains100
Dear all,,I’m flying back from Delhi to London on the 14th of February in CW. Does anybody know about the lounge situation at Delhi airport? The last two times I would given a voucher for sad little café with no Wi-Fi or charging facilities. Has this changed ?Thank you in advance.
JainS
Amazing new lounge available for ba business called encalm prive. Huge selection of food. Full bar. 550 seats. Beautiful.
RJD1983 and Pigeon49 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GOLD, AS,AA,HILTON,IHG
On the Finnair forum a recent visitor said you must collect a physical card/ticket at BA checkin desk but how does that work if you're transiting and don't want to leave airside and go through security? I'll be coming from Bhutan so I suppose I'll have to go through Immigration and Customs so a moot point. But then I'll have to stand in checkin queue just to get the pass? Perhaps not a prob if DEL has a F checkin?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Pigeon49
Perhaps not a prob if DEL has a F checkin?
Delhi hasn't had regular F service for a while, at least since before COVID.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GOLD, AS,AA,HILTON,IHG
Right, I was thinking of my soon to be SIN trip in F. Looks like I'll be queuing with my fellow proles then.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 3:48 am

I've just posted some info and pics of the very impressive Encalm DEL lounge over on the VS forum (as use them on this route) if of any interest - post here. BA uses the same facility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.