Wiki Posts
Search

BA284 SFO-LHR Cancelled until 6 Feb 23?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
BA284 SFO-LHR Cancelled until 6 Feb 23?

Seeing that BA 284 SFO-LHR is cancelled through to Monday. Strike related? Just curious as Im fly on Wednesday 2/08/23. Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:35 pm

No, it was culled around Christmas time. Theyve gone down to one a day for a while, presumably due to low forward bookings and little prospect of business travel (youll have seen the Silicon Valley layoffs and travel bans). Sometimes its the 285 thats gone, others the 287. Theyre both back for half term.
Tack likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Busy flight.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by Confus
No, it was culled around Christmas time. Theyve gone down to one a day for a while, presumably due to low forward bookings and little prospect of business travel (youll have seen the Silicon Valley layoffs and travel bans). Sometimes its the 285 thats gone, others the 287. Theyre both back for half term.
Hello,

Booked on BA284 around April 20. Will it be operational then (Half term?) or will I be getting an email at some point that my flight has changed?

Thanks for any replies
ttama likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Why would you think that?
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Why would you think that?
Because of the subject of this thread about that flight being canceled.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 6:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

Booked on BA284 around April 20. Will it be operational then (Half term?) or will I be getting an email at some point that my flight has changed?

Thanks for any replies
No idea , but if it does get axed rebooking was easy and flexible

The 287 out here on Saturday looked to be fully loaded, I guess 1 full plane makes more sense that 2 half full
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Because of the subject of this thread about that flight being canceled.
Its too early to tell. The current wave of cancellations was announced about 6 weeks ago, so Id expect if its still there at the end of the month youll be fine. But a lot of it rests on forward booking volumes, and not even BA has much idea which way its going to go at the moment. February is a traditionally quiet time of year, April a bit less so. Therell still be at least one daily flight though, so I wouldnt worry too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.