Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

POUG from HBO fare, able to utilise same day change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Hello
I have a HBO fare and am being offered a POUG to Club Europe.
Do you know if that would then enable free change on day of departure? As this would be the benefit that I would value (unlike the restricted HBO fare).
When clicking through the offer on ba.com, the fare conditions say no change, no refund, so perhaps the upgraded fare wouldnt have same day change flexibility?
Thank you
Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No. You definitely wont have SDC after a POUG, even if you were upgrading from a plus fare.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What may work, though, provided you don't check in first and do the change online, is that after the FCOD has moved you to a new flight, you may still be offered a POUG in the app, even fairly late on. Clearly this won't work on a Basic fare though, you can't add flexibility on the cheap.
SxMan and KARFA like this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
I thought you could do SDC if CE is available on the swap. If not you can go into ET but you lose the POUG fee. It is complicated after doing a POUG. For instance if you subsequently change your flight to a different date, you get to keep the POUG fee which goes towards any recalculation for an upgrade as part of the change, however if the new flights are cheaper again you lose the entire POUG fee, and I think you also lose it if when changing you keep the original cabin. As the OPs example is for a base HBO fare, however, any date change would need to be into a higher cabin to keep all monies already paid into a new fare. Obviously he only want to do a SDC anyhow.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No. Any poug removes SDC. In the above case there is no SDC to remove as it was a basic fare to start with. Basically if you think you may want to do SDC either book CE to start with, or dont accept the POUG and follow the cws method.

if you do any change then fare rules rarely allow for part refunds if the new flights are cheaper.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Does this still apply if I do a fare difference upgrade from a Plus fare to Club? It's not a POUG because fare difference is weirdly only 80.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 7:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
Does this still apply if I do a fare difference upgrade from a Plus fare to Club? It's not a POUG because fare difference is weirdly only 80.
Yes that would allow SDC if it's a fare difference and not a "time limited offer". However getting it actually work for FCOD may well be tricky since the action of changing a ticket like this tends to make all the keywords than enable FCOD drop off. So I very much doubt you will be able to get it to work online, but a contact agent should eventually be able to fix it for a different flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.