Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club world trolley service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
The étagère service certainly looked great but it was thought up by someone who’s never worked on an aircraft before in their lives (shock!) and it quickly became apparent it was totally impractical to deliver in a timely manner. I remember services taking 4+ hours and that was with a crew who were on the ball. It was truly awful from a crew perspective.
I know the trolley had to be assembled, but outside of this could you elaborate on what elements of the trolley service caused the duration to go to 4+ hours?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:50 pm

Oh for the dessert trolley service on Wardair (does anyone else remember them?) with trifle being served from large glass bowls just like going to your favourite Aunties for tea!
JTXC and AJBChina like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by noFODplease
I know the trolley had to be assembled, but outside of this could you elaborate on what elements of the trolley service caused the duration to go to 4+ hours?
If I remember correctly. Two rounds of drinks by hand. Assemble the trolleys, assemble the etageres by transferring everything from the stowed trolleys onto the trolley which goes into the cabin. Come back, disassemble it, stow everything away. Hand run the hot meals. Finish that. Come back, assemble the trolleys and etageres again from scratch, go back out to do desert course. On most aircraft types at BA, the galley person is also part of the cabin service, so there is nobody in galley to set things up disassemble etc whilst service is delivered in cabin.
Keystone and noFODplease like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Just bringing back the drinks service by trolley would be great. I think it would be preferred by passengers and crew?
shefgab, flygirl68, bafan and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by camdentown
Just bringing back the drinks service by trolley would be great. I think it would be preferred by passengers and crew?
Not me. If I wanted a trolley with drinks I’d sit in WT.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Saladman
Not me. If I wanted a trolley with drinks I’d sit in WT.
Maybe just a trolley with a hotdog bun warmer then? If it can draw enough amps from the seats
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TTmex
Maybe just a trolley with a hotdog bun warmer then? If it can draw enough amps from the seats
Now we’re talking. The best solution would be a metal strip on the ceiling and on the floor and then the trolley would have some sort of ‘dodgem’ type pole affair to rub against it.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Saladman
Now we’re talking. The best solution would be a metal strip on the ceiling and on the floor and then the trolley would have some sort of ‘dodgem’ type pole affair to rub against it.
Id be getting to the patent office first thing tomorrow am
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:03 pm

I miss asking for additional bags of nuts and sometimes crisps on the first drink service with the trolleys
JAXBA likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Traveller
Oh for the dessert trolley service on Wardair (does anyone else remember them?) with trifle being served from large glass bowls just like going to your favourite Aunties for tea!
Oh--that really brings back memories from my regular YYZ-BHX runs!
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Like others have said, the trolley service took too long. The "wow" factor was lost for most passengers as they were busy watching TV. Now with Club Suites most passengers won't even be able to see the trolley even if they wanted to, due to the walls. Not to mention the aisle is too narrow.

Now, a drinks service on the trolley before dinner would be good, easy to taste a few wines, plus get water etc. Faster for the passenger, much less walking for the crew
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
I flow Royal Air Maroc recently for the first time and I was pleased to see they still pull the cheese out on the cart. It’s not the greatest cheese course but it’s still nice to be able to ask for a weeee bit more and get it.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I remember in the days of the cradle seats in Club a member of crew would come round with the wines in a hanging crate offering top ups; now that was special !
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
How on earth do SQ and CX manage with the trolleys? SuperWomen FAs?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
How on earth do SQ and CX manage with the trolleys? SuperWomen FAs?
Higher crew complements and smaller cabin size.
flygirl68 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.