Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does Silver allow you to select seats for others if you didn't book?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

Probably a stupid question but I couldn't immediately find anything that clarified this and haven't been in this situation before.

Obviously one of the perks of BA Silver status is that it allows you free seat selection at purchase for everyone in your booking. But can anyone confirm whether this also applies if you're just one of the passengers, i.e. someone else made the booking?

TIA.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
If they put your BAEC number along with your name in the booking then yes that should work.
crazy8534 and flarmip like this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Yes, on the same booking will be fine for SCH.
GCH (but not SCH) can also do this for passengers on different bookings but in the same cabin by calling in to associate the bookings (TCP=to complete party).
flarmip likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Cheers, thanks for confirming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.