Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where to buy Fry's Peppermint Creams in T5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

I have a five hour layover at T5 later today (TLV - LHR - LAS) and my mission is to buy as many Fry's Peppermint Creams as I can fit into my luggage. Does anyone recall seeing them in a shop in T5? Thank you!
Jpm81 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Have you considered ordering from Amazon? A 24-count box is being offered for $28.48 for U.S. delivery.
golfmad and SxMan like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by guv1976
Have you considered ordering from Amazon? A 24-count box is being offered for $28.48 for U.S. delivery.
Where’s the fun in that
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
If not, do any UK supermarkets sell them?

Perhaps you could arrange for someone on FT who is also flying later today, to buy loads and meet you airside?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
If not, do any UK supermarkets sell them?

Perhaps you could arrange for someone on FT who is also flying later today, to buy loads and meet you airside?
It’s hard to tell whether you’re being serious or not? If not then it fits right in to this thread. If you are being serious then this has the potential to be a memorable 2023 crazy thread.
passy777, PUCCI GALORE and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This sounds very much like a thing WH Smith would have. I will have a look later on today and see if they do have it.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
In UK
Asda, Morrisson, B&M and Poundland all do them
Pack of three bars for Ł1.00

Similar for me on the rare occasion I head to the states..... with Peanut Butter M&Ms
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
This sounds very much like a thing WH Smith would have. I will have a look later on today and see if they do have it.
Would love to know how much WHSmith's charge for one
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: MUCCI
OMG - brings back my mis-spent youth!
FD.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:14 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
Do Tesco stock them? If so, there is a large Tesco near Hatton Cross which is easily accessible from T5 - get the buses towards Feltham/Richmond and get off at the Central Way stop. You can then get a bus directly back to T5. If aircraft are landing on runway 27L there are also excellent views if you’re into that sort of thing.
becks1, wrp96, wrldwide1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by jmd
Do Tesco stock them? If so, there is a large Tesco near Hatton Cross which is easily accessible from T5 - get the buses towards Feltham/Richmond and get off at the Central Way stop. You can then get a bus directly back to T5. If aircraft are landing on runway 27L there are also excellent views if you’re into that sort of thing.
Mrs firstlight says not available in tesco and has suddenly started craving them when i mentioned this thread. Amazon looks like the best bet with the individual fruit fondant flavours also available as well as the peppermint. Let's say I wouldn't be surprised to see some arrive on our doorstep soon...
simonsmith, jmd, Prospero and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:28 am

I think you will struggle. I get them from old fashioned news agent. Marks and Spencer or WH Smith possibly.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:16 am
Original Poster

I don't have an Amazon account, and I'm not willing to make one for this. I found them at WH Smith on the upper level at T5A, for just over one pound each. Listed as 1.59 each, but got a discount of about 50p each at the register.

Last edited by Ryan_; Jan 12, 2023 at 5:26 am Reason: Added more detail.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Another mini adventure!
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:27 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Ryan_
I don't have an Amazon account, and I'm not willing to make one for this. I found them at WH Smith on the upper level at T5A, for just over one pound each. Listed as 1.59 each, but got a discount of about 50p each at the register.
Good to know...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.