FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Where to buy Fry's Peppermint Creams in T5? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2107660-where-buy-frys-peppermint-creams-t5.html)

Ryan_ Jan 11, 2023 8:16 pm

Where to buy Fry's Peppermint Creams in T5?

I have a five hour layover at T5 later today (TLV - LHR - LAS) and my mission is to buy as many Fry's Peppermint Creams as I can fit into my luggage. Does anyone recall seeing them in a shop in T5? Thank you!

guv1976 Jan 11, 2023 8:27 pm

Have you considered ordering from Amazon? A 24-count box is being offered for $28.48 for U.S. delivery.

golfmad Jan 11, 2023 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 34916484)
Have you considered ordering from Amazon? A 24-count box is being offered for $28.48 for U.S. delivery.

Where’s the fun in that :D

Fatdickie Jan 12, 2023 12:07 am

If not, do any UK supermarkets sell them?

Perhaps you could arrange for someone on FT who is also flying later today, to buy loads and meet you airside?

golfmad Jan 12, 2023 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie (Post 34916843)
If not, do any UK supermarkets sell them?

Perhaps you could arrange for someone on FT who is also flying later today, to buy loads and meet you airside?

It’s hard to tell whether you’re being serious or not? If not then it fits right in to this thread. If you are being serious then this has the potential to be a memorable 2023 crazy thread.

KARFA Jan 12, 2023 12:13 am

This sounds very much like a thing WH Smith would have. I will have a look later on today and see if they do have it.

Fatdickie Jan 12, 2023 12:28 am

In UK
Asda, Morrisson, B&M and Poundland all do them
Pack of three bars for £1.00

Similar for me on the rare occasion I head to the states..... with Peanut Butter M&Ms

craigdthomas Jan 12, 2023 1:14 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34916850)
This sounds very much like a thing WH Smith would have. I will have a look later on today and see if they do have it.

Would love to know how much WHSmith's charge for one :eek:

Flying Doctor Jan 12, 2023 1:26 am

OMG - brings back my mis-spent youth!
FD.

jmd Jan 12, 2023 2:14 am

Do Tesco stock them? If so, there is a large Tesco near Hatton Cross which is easily accessible from T5 - get the buses towards Feltham/Richmond and get off at the Central Way stop. You can then get a bus directly back to T5. If aircraft are landing on runway 27L there are also excellent views if you’re into that sort of thing.

firstlight Jan 12, 2023 2:18 am

Originally Posted by jmd (Post 34917019)
Do Tesco stock them? If so, there is a large Tesco near Hatton Cross which is easily accessible from T5 - get the buses towards Feltham/Richmond and get off at the Central Way stop. You can then get a bus directly back to T5. If aircraft are landing on runway 27L there are also excellent views if you’re into that sort of thing.

Mrs firstlight says not available in tesco and has suddenly started craving them when i mentioned this thread. Amazon looks like the best bet with the individual fruit fondant flavours also available as well as the peppermint. Let's say I wouldn't be surprised to see some arrive on our doorstep soon...

Rusty Shackleford Jan 12, 2023 4:28 am

I think you will struggle. I get them from old fashioned news agent. Marks and Spencer or WH Smith possibly.

Ryan_ Jan 12, 2023 5:16 am

I don't have an Amazon account, and I'm not willing to make one for this. I found them at WH Smith on the upper level at T5A, for just over one pound each. Listed as 1.59 each, but got a discount of about 50p each at the register.

fluffymitten Jan 12, 2023 5:17 am

Another mini adventure!

firstlight Jan 12, 2023 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Ryan_ (Post 34917318)
I don't have an Amazon account, and I'm not willing to make one for this. I found them at WH Smith on the upper level at T5A, for just over one pound each. Listed as 1.59 each, but got a discount of about 50p each at the register.

Good to know...