Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rebook of a Rebooked 2 for 1. Two different PNR's?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2022, 4:41 am
Original Poster

We have a 2 for 1 booked in January LHR-BKK. This was cancelled and we were rebooked on Qatar. No problem at all and actually quite happy. Same PNR and showing 0 avios and 0 tier points as it should.

A week ago I received a notification that the first QR leg LHR-DOH has been cancelled and we are rebooked on BA123 LHR to DOH. Again, no problem at all as the flight is exactly the same time and is the new CS which I am yet to try.

However I now have two PNR numbers. One shows as 0 avios and 0 tier points but the other shows as about 20k avios and 520 tier points. The new PNR throws up an error code on Qatar and I can only choose preferred seats with the original one. But on the BA site, when I click on the old PNR the page that opens up shows the new PNR.

It is all very strange. Has anybody had a similar thing happen before? The points would be nice but ultimately I just want to make sure all is still going ahead. I could call but perhaps no need to rock the boat unnecessarily...
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by jumpfrog
We have a 2 for 1 booked in January LHR-BKK. This was cancelled and we were rebooked on Qatar. No problem at all and actually quite happy. Same PNR and showing 0 avios and 0 tier points as it should.

A week ago I received a notification that the first QR leg LHR-DOH has been cancelled and we are rebooked on BA123 LHR to DOH. Again, no problem at all as the flight is exactly the same time and is the new CS which I am yet to try.

However I now have two PNR numbers. One shows as 0 avios and 0 tier points but the other shows as about 20k avios and 520 tier points. The new PNR throws up an error code on Qatar and I can only choose preferred seats with the original one. But on the BA site, when I click on the old PNR the page that opens up shows the new PNR.

It is all very strange. Has anybody had a similar thing happen before? The points would be nice but ultimately I just want to make sure all is still going ahead. I could call but perhaps no need to rock the boat unnecessarily...
Was similarly on LHR-BKK, then moved QR (BA7008) which was then cancelled and now on BA123 for the initial DOH leg.

My booking looks a mess, 3 flights to DOH, 3 flights on to BKK showing, but all under one PNR.

The Finnair site will send a PDF of the tickets for the PNR with the correct legs. I can also use the QR app correctly for seat allocation.

As for the Avios, I suspect you’ll get them where they are showing and the leg is ticketed (the BA app also show the ticket numbers correctly) and a BA flight. For QR legs, who knows?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.