Wiki Posts
Search

"you have an e-voucher to use"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

"you have an e-voucher to use"

My partner has received a message from BA.reminding him that he has an e-voucher to use. Thing is, he does not recall having received such a voucher. The text of the email speaks of a deadline of 30 September 2023 so I suspect that it might be a covid-era FTV he got in the past and forgot about. I just wanted to double-check that it looks legit rather than being a phishing exercise. The link to the e-voucher in the email starts with "https://e.fly.ba.com" so that looks like a genuine ba.com domain link. Does that look OK to you?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Seems legit to me- I received a similar thing recently- and I had simply completely forgotten about the voucher. That doesn't mean to say it is not a phishing scam in your case, but it sounds legit to me. You could do an inbox filter for all BA emails (although that could be messy) which might reveal the original voucher email.
NickB likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
This is real, and the link to the list of vouchers is very useful.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Sounds valid to me, though without seeing the original email I could not say with certainty.
NickB likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:40 am
ECR

If worried about clicking on a link from an email use the link to the British Airways website below to get an emailed list of unused e-vouchers.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...n_gb/remind-me
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
I had this email on Thursday for two e vouchers that I asked BAH in August to apply to our trip to Madeira next April and they confirmed by email that they had done this. I can also see that the balance reflects this so why I received this email is a mystery. I was happy it was genuine. I know, BA’s IT system!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ECR
If worried about clicking on a link from an email use the link to the British Airways website below to get an emailed list of unused e-vouchers.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...n_gb/remind-me
I have eVouchers but did not receive a list after entering my email address using this link.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:34 am

OT: How do we redeem these vouchers for BA Holiday bookings again? (if we still can)
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by pazza2000
OT: How do we redeem these vouchers for BA Holiday bookings again? (if we still can)
Book your holiday and then send an email to [email protected] asking to use your vouchers against the value of the holiday, giving them the numbers of course. They send an email back acknowledging the request. At least they did for me.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
It is legit. I received the same email, and I did click the link, which went to my Executive Club account (or else a very convincing scam mock up)…
Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I got one of these, and I do indeed have a voucher I have not used (I think I failed to use it last time I tried) and had forgotten about. I was expecting to have missed the boat on a voucher from 2020, and I think it's quite good of BA to keep them alive this long and to remind me about it.

Now, where to go for about 300 quid ....
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by NickB
My partner has received a message from BA.reminding him that he has an e-voucher to use. Thing is, he does not recall having received such a voucher. The text of the email speaks of a deadline of 30 September 2023 so I suspect that it might be a covid-era FTV he got in the past and forgot about. I just wanted to double-check that it looks legit rather than being a phishing exercise. The link to the e-voucher in the email starts with "https://e.fly.ba.com" so that looks like a genuine ba.com domain link. Does that look OK to you?
It is legit but maybe all talking at cross purposes here - this is referring to e-vouchers, not FTVs.

Although they are e-vouchers, if they are related to BWC cancellations, they have to be used by Sep 23.

I had the same email, I do have an outstanding e-voucher but as is only for €0.25 I won’t be rushing to book anything!
NickB likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Well I can confirm that my own such email (which came as a bit of a surprise) was very genuine ……. simply because ten minutes after receipt I had successfully used it to pay for a BA flight 😊
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: OW
Presume these will all be refunded in cash closer to the expiry date (like the FTVs)? Worth considering…
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Tried to use my last evoucher a few weeks ago, computer said no and told me it expired in September 1953
BA or bust likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.