Community
Wiki Posts
Search

January sale coming?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Ha ha no chance!
What about this one?
Don't even get me started on ex-EUs, apparently I'm the mad one in the family for thinking that indirect J is better than a more expensive indirect Y...
crazy8534 and anniegray like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 1:52 am

Do BA normally do a separate BA Holiday sale? I know they usually have a distinct premium cabin sale but can't recall if BAHs are treated differently.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by coolflyer
I'm looking book flights to Manila for travel in mid January (the prices seems incredibly high currently - nearly £2k return in economy via Hong Kong with BA / Cathay!). I'm presuming given the recent relaxing of borders in Hong Kong that demand has shot through the roof hence the high prices however is there any chance of a winter sale being launched imminently and is there any chance fares will drop on this route?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
CX is around GBP1,000 in Y.
But remember that there are a lot of Chinese returning to HK after the Western New Year and Chinese New Year is a week holiday from 21 January.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Do BA normally do a separate BA Holiday sale? I know they usually have a distinct premium cabin sale but can't recall if BAHs are treated differently.
Its typically been £100/200/300 off holidays based on spend thresholds - not seeing it this time though
Old Dec 24, 2022, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Its typically been £100/200/300 off holidays based on spend thresholds - not seeing it this time though
This is normally a short-term ‘deeper discounts’ offer within the main sale. Give it a week or so.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Confus
This is normally a short-term ‘deeper discounts’ offer within the main sale. Give it a week or so.
Must Resist Urge To Book
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL + GfL
Originally Posted by Confus
Did a BAH booking last night for summer in Crete. It was 25% discount on the hotel element until end of January. Thank goodness, this was a truly expensive excursion! Our first all inclusive with the now grown up kids needing their own room.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Is the BA sale currently advertised on ba.com likely to be the main Christmas/NY one or might there be more deals in January?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by BA_Pax
Did a BAH booking last night for summer in Crete. It was 25% discount on the hotel element until end of January. Thank goodness, this was a truly expensive excursion! Our first all inclusive with the now grown up kids needing their own room.
Yep, it's that extra room that really piles on the cost, after the previous pain of losing any child discounts... just wait till you get requests for kids partners to come along too
BA_Pax, Mike Skyflier and Still like this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by brunos
CX is around GBP1,000 in Y.
But remember that there are a lot of Chinese returning to HK after the Western New Year and Chinese New Year is a week holiday from 21 January.
By early Feb you can get LHR - HKG in J on AY for less than £1900 many days. (MAN less than £1800)

HKG to MNL on CX even in Y is eyewateringly expensive throughout Feb. But I can see loads of Avios availability which in J especially at CX Feb prices is a very good use of Avios!!!

Also look at BA and QR hoildays. Whilst on cheaper flight days little gained I'm seeing a considerable saving on high priced flight days.

We have gone for MAN - KUL return SYD - MAN in Y on QR,

KUL - SYD in J on PAL is only £592 one way and it allows a 30 day stopover in MNL outbound. Dreadful soft product but the hard product is good.

About £1400 each - a lot we can do with the £6K + saving on OneWorld J fares at the moment!
Old Dec 25, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.

Are the current return flights from LHR to Chicago in Y (£365) as good as it gets or might there be a wider sale post 31 December?

Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Saint4805
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.

Are the current return flights from LHR to Chicago in Y (£365) as good as it gets or might there be a wider sale post 31 December?

Thanks
I think that's probably as good as it gets. Just been looking at NYC flights in March and you can get Prem Eco for just over £600 and Business for just over £2500 or so, which I would not expect to come down- though I take no responsibility of they do
Saint4805 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.