Community
Wiki Posts
Search

January sale coming?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, several other less interesting cards...
Usually they start loading the day before. So here’s hoping!
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:33 am

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/offers/sale

Sale now on?
Showing 22 quid off a flight to the US!
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:01 am

DUB-LHR-YVR booked for two in J next August for £2,750 total. Fingers crossed for club suites!
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Made naff all difference to the holiday I was looking at for Easter. Quite annoying really as there's not even a '100/200/300 quid off holidays' discount similar to the last sale of a few weeks ago...
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Seems to be a flash sale ex DUB - ticket by 25th December - fare basis INX6C1S4
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Well, this thread makes me sad. Some time ago, I paid $900 for tickets from DFW to LHR on AA in March. Today those tickets are under $600 on BA's website. AA is still selling them for $1200 but, given the joint venture and given past practice, tomorrow they'll conform to what BA is showing for the four daily AA/BA flights. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, I guess. So, yes, there's a sale on indeed.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, the fares are online. I use JFK as a marker, and the cheapest fare is £307 return, similar to the sale in September and indeed last December, give or take a few pounds. Bombay/Mumbai in Club is just under £2300, compared to £2700 a few days ago, though that much lower last year when there were a lot of restrictions in place.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by our_kid
Im not seeing any reductions in what I’ve been tracking ie ORD late Apr, NYC in July
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Im not seeing any reductions in what I’ve been tracking ie ORD late Apr, NYC in July
CUN has actually been getting more and more expensive over the course of the day!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by our_kid
Is that a flash sale? Seems to be a long standing 60-day advance fare
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Sale now on
  • British Airways and British Airways Holidays have launched their most exciting sale of the year, with offers on more than 100 destinations worldwide
  • The sale is available to customers booking before 31 January 2023
  • Top savings include return flights to New York from £342 and seven-night beach holiday packages from £199pp
Friday 23 December 2022 – British Airways and British Airways Holidays have launched their biggest sale of the year, offering customers huge savings for bookings made before 31 January 2023.

The sale, with offers on more than 100 destinations, includes Europe seven-night holiday packages from £199pp and return flights to the Caribbean from £451.

Travellers looking to fly across the Atlantic are being offered return flights to New Yorkfrom London Gatwick from £342 and London Heathrow to Los Angeles and Chicagofrom just £399. Those wanting to escape the cold and head east to Dubai for a luxury break can do so with return flights from £429, jet off to the Caribbean to capture some winter sun in timeless Barbados from £513 return or make new memories with the airline’s new route from London Gatwick to Aruba from £521 return.

With a multitude of European city breaks to choose from, customers looking for affordable luxury can enjoy great Club Europe (short-haul business class) deals and stroll through the streets of Paris from £217 return or romance in Rome from £258 return. For those who'd like to cross the Atlantic in luxury, return Club World (business class) flights include London Heathrow to New York from £1,953 and Boston from £2,015.

Those looking for their next European getaway can take advantage of the incredible holiday packages (flight + hotel) on offer this year with British Airways Holidays. Seven-night beach holiday favourites such as the Algarve, Mallorca and Malta are available from just £199pp, with city breaks starting from just £119pp. All-inclusive European stays are available from £379pp, and flight + car packages are also on offer from £159pp.

Meanwhile, those looking for far-flung holidays can enjoy seven-nights in Orlando from £499pp, the Caribbean from £599pp and the Maldives from £1199pp. Those in the market for a mini-break can jet off on three-night trips to New York from £499pp or Dubai from £469pp.

Claire Bentley, Managing Director of British Airways Holidays, said: “We know now more than ever that our customers are seeking the best savings to maximise value for money. Our biggest sale of the year has something for everyone, with incredible offers across our international network of destinations and a range travel dates. Whether its winter sunshine, a city break, or reuniting with family and loved ones, there’s a deal for everyone this year.”

All holiday packages include 23kg of baggage per person and can be secured with deposits from £60pp, with the final balance due up to four weeks before travel. Executive Club Members can also earn double Tier Points on flights taken as part of a package holiday, with the offer now extended until 31 December 2023.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:49 am

I can only reiterate that the specific holiday that I was looking at has now gone up by about £1500 since the start of yesterday... I appreciate I'm a sample of 1 but this has happened for the last half dozen 'sales' where I was holding out for a better price.

Yep. I'm a moron. It's official. Never going to be suckered by BA again, etc etc...
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by ratechaser
I can only reiterate that the specific holiday that I was looking at has now gone up by about £1500 since the start of yesterday... I appreciate I'm a sample of 1 but this has happened for the last half dozen 'sales' where I was holding out for a better price.

Yep. I'm a moron. It's official. Never going to be suckered by BA again, etc etc...
Did you have a planned domestic connection?
They seem to have messed those up again and I am getting extreme pricing for adding a domestic leg: LHR-DFW F return £3.7k or EDI-LHR-DFW for £9k for the next set of dates I need.
Incidentally, I can price exactly the required EDI-LHR-DFW on AA for £3.4k.

The last time this happened they sorted it out in about a week.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Did you have a planned domestic connection?
They seem to have messed those up again and I am getting extreme pricing for adding a domestic leg: LHR-DFW F return £3.7k or EDI-LHR-DFW for £9k for the next set of dates I need.
Incidentally, I can price exactly the required EDI-LHR-DFW on AA for £3.4k.

The last time this happened they sorted it out in about a week.
No, it's a holiday to CUN from LGW/LHR. Looks like a combination of the outbound direct going up by £350pp plus the backup indirect flight (via DFW) disappearing from the schedule entirely. £2k each in Y just for a direct flight now on the dates I need. Going to sit on it for now, not exactly keen on Y at any price!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by ratechaser
No, it's a holiday to CUN from LGW/LHR. Looks like a combination of the outbound direct going up by £350pp plus the backup indirect flight (via DFW) disappearing from the schedule entirely. £2k each in Y just for a direct flight now on the dates I need. Going to sit on it for now, not exactly keen on Y at any price!
Ha ha no chance!
What about this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.