Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Myths about BA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2022, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Myths about BA

It’s Xmas, so a good time for stories to chill the heart prior to the roast turkey! What myths circulate here on the BA board about our favourite airline?

I have two:
The lounge bacon roll. A few years ago this item acquired culinary status as posters raved about its quality, appearance and taste. A great start to the day. Alas, it was always dry so the roll crumbled to dust and the bacon was that horrible sort that extrudes white stuff that you have to scrape off. Also, so little bacon you needed to transfer the contents of three rolls to provide sustenance.

T3 lounges. Oh dear, we now have threads started by someone who arrives and departs from T5 in First starting a thread about how to get to T3 during a two hour connection to experience nirvana. The Qantas lounge should be returned to *A even though they don’t use the terminal. The Noodle Lounge is excellent for J but mediocre for F, and I’ve never got to grips with the AA lounges other than thinking they’re okay. If you want a pie go to BA J, if in F then BA F is pretty good - but not as nice as the T5 lounges.

Are there other myths?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Like the bacon roll I thought the T4 CCR was overhyped on this forum.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
It will be alright with 5

YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US

Oh and GGL access to whichever lounge we can’t now access in JFK
DaveS and mnhusker like this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The reviews about the JFK Chelsea lounge were over dramatic
Old Dec 18, 2022, 6:48 pm

I have a couple of myths to share:

The orange and yellow priority tags attached to J&F bags are mythically for our benefit only and serve zero purpose as apparently all the important priority information is contained within the bar code.

Band 1 CE meals at meal times are considered to be perfectly adequate sustenance that any passenger could ever want. Be that a Manchester - London or a Zurich to London.

The butter on CW tray setups mythically isn't actually butter but some form of nasty whipped spread that's been chilled solid into a ramequin with an air gap underneath the thin layer of spread to create the illusion of a full ramequin.

Oh wait, sorry these all appear to be facts rather than myths....

I'll give it a rethink....
MaxFlyer, YacozA, Red L and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:17 pm

The club kitchen being stocked.
tattikat2, mrow, QT31415 and 21 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
The customer service line answers within three rings
kitbag1984 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
While the Priority tags they place on your checked in bags are very much real, the idea that they actually do anything is definitely more myth than reality.
roberto99, tgsh2006, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Q’s in ramekin?
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Originally Posted by Deckard
Q’s in ramekin?
Wikipedia allows it. Well I never (in my best Victor Meldrew voice)
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:30 pm

I was amazed at the poignant reminiscences of the JFK CCR... I read about it before I went there in late November of this year (so right at the height of the nostalgic posts), and I have to say... it's just a room. That's it, and not a particularly interesting or comfortable or well-decorated room, little to see out the windows, etc. I can think of many business class lounges around the world I'd rather spend time in, and I don't mean over the top lounges like Al Mourjan, but even simple and good lounges such as the Alaska lounge in SEA or the international Maple Leaf lounge at YUL. When I factor in that this is a first class lounge, there is obviously no comparison to the competition. I realize that the JFK CCR has a lot of history, and of course for anyone lucky enough to have flown on the Concorde, it must carry great associations. I didn't find the LHR CCR much better than what I'd expect from a business class lounge, although unlike at JFK it is more than "just a room" in terms of layout.
Fritz, mrow, Deckard and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 11:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The world’s favourite airline.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
A GGL in ET is personally greeted by the IFL on every short haul flight, either with champagne or with a complimentary upgrade into any available CE seat.

Last edited by firstlight; Dec 19, 2022 at 12:37 am
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:41 am

First wing has two security lines and they're both open
mrow, Vgravity, cosmo74 and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
While the Priority tags they place on your checked in bags are very much real, the idea that they actually do anything is definitely more myth than reality.
true in most places but not in Dubai. If you have yellow tags they remove your baggage from the belt and hide it on a specially designed trolley slightly out of view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.