FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Myths about BA
Thread: Myths about BA
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:30 pm
floatingpoint

I was amazed at the poignant reminiscences of the JFK CCR... I read about it before I went there in late November of this year (so right at the height of the nostalgic posts), and I have to say... it's just a room. That's it, and not a particularly interesting or comfortable or well-decorated room, little to see out the windows, etc. I can think of many business class lounges around the world I'd rather spend time in, and I don't mean over the top lounges like Al Mourjan, but even simple and good lounges such as the Alaska lounge in SEA or the international Maple Leaf lounge at YUL. When I factor in that this is a first class lounge, there is obviously no comparison to the competition. I realize that the JFK CCR has a lot of history, and of course for anyone lucky enough to have flown on the Concorde, it must carry great associations. I didn't find the LHR CCR much better than what I'd expect from a business class lounge, although unlike at JFK it is more than "just a room" in terms of layout.