Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Use your BA Amex 2-4-1 companion vouchers on Iberia and Aer Lingus!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use your BA Amex 2-4-1 companion vouchers on Iberia and Aer Lingus!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
definitely some issues, today the award seats have come back up.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
[Surprisingly] seeing IB J availability to South America, but getting a "cannot be booked online" error with a 241 voucher in the mix. Just reporting, as I probably won't be the one to try to book by phone because this is in the "would have to persuade the wife and derail her plans" category... [womp]
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:42 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by ms101
definitely some issues, today the award seats have come back up.
BA (or rather the Avios team) who I spoke to yesterday morning had serious IT issues all day yesterday, so I was panicking about get my seats held. However, big round of applause for the agent who took my mobile and called me back later in the day and confirmed the seats are held for us. A further call today, when system is fixed to get the taxes.
Checked on Finnair and booking appears so I am happy.

Edit to add; Though the booking did appear for a few hours in my account… it then disappeared (provoking minor heart attack) and I got a message to say it could not display any booking if all the flights were on another airline (all on IB). Hence use of Finnair MMB to check. Clearly IAG’s inter-group systems need sorting!
ms101 likes this.

Last edited by BA or bust; Jan 15, 2024 at 12:13 am
Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:07 pm

Lightbulb Mix & match BA/IB on AMEX Companion voucher booking?

Does anyone know if it is possible to mix and match BA and IB flights on one Amex companion voucher booking?
Specifically I would be looking to book MAD-NRT (IB) / HND-LHR (BA) in early 2025
Many thanks in advance!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:58 am

Has anyone struggled with Aer Lingus redemptions? I have been looking for Dublin - Toronto all year and into next year and it just seems to be very random when there is availability.

Is this actually the case or is it a glitch? I thought it was a daily service but for example I can see three seats in business on 23/5/24 but then not a lot else and I've even looked into 2025.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by callahana
Does anyone know if it is possible to mix and match BA and IB flights on one Amex companion voucher booking?
Specifically I would be looking to book MAD-NRT (IB) / HND-LHR (BA) in early 2025
Many thanks in advance!
Yes, it is. Booked LHR - MAD (BA) - MAD - UIO (IB) recently.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jase76
Yes, it is. Booked LHR - MAD (BA) - MAD - UIO (IB) recently.
In the next few days I am going to UIO from MAD with IB in J on a 2-4-1 (going on a cruise in the Galapagos for 10 days). I did also look at adding the LHR-MAD sector on but the price (taxes etc) went through the roof. Much cheaper to either buy a cheap ticket LHR-MAD or buy on Avios and then do the 2-4-1 starting in MAD (maybe less in it if not going business class) - perhaps go the night before and have a meal in Town and then stay at the Hilton near the airport as probably too risky to catch the early morning and hope it is not late thereby ruining your whole trip.

I have also done the same with another 2-4-1 from MAD-SCL in October also in J saving over 800 GBP than if I took the flight direct from LHR (126K miles total for 2 people +350 GBP is almost like the good ole days)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.