Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Use your BA Amex 2-4-1 companion vouchers on Iberia and Aer Lingus!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use your BA Amex 2-4-1 companion vouchers on Iberia and Aer Lingus!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan
Would it also be possible to book an open jaw using 241 flying MAD - PAN on IB, but inbound on BA YYZ - LHR (I know the open jaw rules for distance between two airports), curious if the whole ticket needs to be on IB metal both ways?

Thanks for thoughts.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Has anyone tried this? I got mixed answers from the call center
Old Nov 25, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Is there any easy-ish way to find availability on Iberia, the same way one could use seatspy or BA's own reward flight finder?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:35 am

Angry Aer Lingus comments

I want to use my Premium BA Companion Voucher to fly to Chicago via Dublin Business Class return and so asked Aer Lingus how to book. Aer Lingus firstly said to me that they don't accept Companion Vouchers from other frequent flyer programmes; then they asked if it was a BA voucher and when I confirmed they then stated "That voucher can be used for any class of travel on a British Airways ticketed booking. Unfortunately it cannot be used in conjunction with an Aer Lingus ticketed and operated flight. "

Can anyone shed light on this?????????
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex, Flyingblue Silver
Originally Posted by TonyH16
I want to use my Premium BA Companion Voucher to fly to Chicago via Dublin Business Class return and so asked Aer Lingus how to book. Aer Lingus firstly said to me that they don't accept Companion Vouchers from other frequent flyer programmes; then they asked if it was a BA voucher and when I confirmed they then stated "That voucher can be used for any class of travel on a British Airways ticketed booking. Unfortunately it cannot be used in conjunction with an Aer Lingus ticketed and operated flight. "

Can anyone shed light on this?????????
You can use the 241 voucher on Aer Lingus but it needs to be booked via the BA website as a reward flight. There usually is plenty of economy seats available for reward bookings on Aer Lingus flights but there is very little business availability and there is no way to search Business Class reward flight availability like you can for BA. Aer lingus must not be offering very many Business Class seats through this programme.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC
We flew LBA>JFK via DUB in J, on Aer Lingus using a companion voucher in September. We were pretty flexible on dates so could tailor our trip to suite availability. As stated above, it has to be booked via the BA website
Highfly76 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:16 pm

I am trying to look at Madrid to Rio using my Amex 2-4-1 voucher to see the approx cost and Avios needed (we are not looking to fly till Jan '25). I am struggling to get the BA website to show any direct flights, any dates I look at is routing me MAD-LHR-GIG, I have tried a random selection of dates and no direct flights on any of them. Does anyone know if this is a really popular route or something as doing dummy bookings to other South American cities it seems to show direct flights.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by maroon_cat
I am trying to look at Madrid to Rio using my Amex 2-4-1 voucher to see the approx cost and Avios needed (we are not looking to fly till Jan '25). I am struggling to get the BA website to show any direct flights, any dates I look at is routing me MAD-LHR-GIG, I have tried a random selection of dates and no direct flights on any of them. Does anyone know if this is a really popular route or something as doing dummy bookings to other South American cities it seems to show direct flights.

flight won’t be out for that time as yet … few weeks yet. Around 330 a 365 days prior to departure. Someone else on here will have more specific times
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:54 am

Flights released:
BA 355 days in advance
Aer Lingus 330 days in advance
Iberia 365 days in advance

It is likely that there is very limited Business Class availability for the dates you are looking. Availability of Business Class reward flights for Iberia and Aer Lingus is very poor compared to on the BA routes and you cannot search the availability so makes it very difficult to find them.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:32 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Highfly76
Flights released:
BA 355 days in advance
Aer Lingus 330 days in advance
Iberia 365 days in advance

It is likely that there is very limited Business Class availability for the dates you are looking. Availability of Business Class reward flights for Iberia and Aer Lingus is very poor compared to on the BA routes and you cannot search the availability so makes it very difficult to find them.
Can anyone confirm whether the BA website will still only operate to a 355 timeline (looking for IB flights 365 days out) or do I need to call?

Also when I do look at LHR-MAD-South America… I can see availability (using a 241 from my BA account) but never a price and always a message to say something has gone wrong!

How do people manage to book anything without calling up.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by maroon_cat
When i booked that route for flights last Nov I was experiencing the exact same issue
I think the only way I found to resolve it was to search MAD-GIG (and book separate reward flight LHR < > MAD)... guess the only way to get accurate info is to call BA
Old Jan 5, 2024, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Can anyone confirm whether the BA website will still only operate to a 355 timeline (looking for IB flights 365 days out) or do I need to call?

Also when I do look at LHR-MAD-South America… I can see availability (using a 241 from my BA account) but never a price and always a message to say something has gone wrong!

How do people manage to book anything without calling up.
Think you will need to call as I think you will only have option to select dates up to 353 days in advance on the BA website.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Is anyone else experiencing trouble finding availability for any Iberia routes?

I was looking at booking ex-MAD a few days ago and there were sporadic business and economy seats open every day. I went back in today with the intention to book and not a single seat across all the dates (at least 4 weeks before I gave up) were open!

IT error?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:37 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by ms101
Is anyone else experiencing trouble finding availability for any Iberia routes?

I was looking at booking ex-MAD a few days ago and there were sporadic business and economy seats open every day. I went back in today with the intention to book and not a single seat across all the dates (at least 4 weeks before I gave up) were open!

IT error?
I think there may be intermitten issues with IB. I managed to book LHR - MAD - UIO in Dec and am keeping an eye out for a return but availability comes and goes on a whim it seems.
ms101 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:44 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Jase76
I think there may be intermitten issues with IB. I managed to book LHR - MAD - UIO in Dec and am keeping an eye out for a return but availability comes and goes on a whim it seems.
I'll second that. I used to use American Airlines to check for availability on Iberia, but I found that these days there are often seats on Iberia which don't appear on American Airlines. The only way I've found to check availability is literally to go through day by day on the Iberia website and search. Quite often there is nothing at all, then a whole batch of seats appear, then nothing again the next day, it's completely weird.

On my route (SDQ Santo Domingo) they also have a second flight which operates some days, the timetable seems completely random, some weeks it's a Tuesday and Friday, some it's a Monday and Saturday, some not at all. It's like they find a spare plane and just bung it on my route. Weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.