Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Use your BA Amex 2-4-1 companion vouchers on Iberia and Aer Lingus!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use your BA Amex 2-4-1 companion vouchers on Iberia and Aer Lingus!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
IB Bookings with new BA AMEX 2-4-1 rules

Not sure if should be here or the IB forum, but as will be using a BA AMEX 2-4-1 voucher; how to force ba.com to offer IB flights?

Been searching on ba.com for South America options and whilst LHR<>SCL have found i do get both the direct BA and indirect IB options. But when I search LHR<>GIG, I only seem to get the BA direct flight (unless I pick a date BA dont fly)

Now that IB flights can be used on the 2-4-1 I wondered how to get IB flights as the option even if BA direct flights are available (as, on those few routes they seem to fly, the AVIOS/£££ are so much less)?
- And do I need to call BA or IB to book an open jaw like (e.g. LHR>MAD>SCL - GIG>MAD>LHR)?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Delboy65
And do I need to call BA or IB to book an open jaw like (e.g. LHR>MAD>SCL - GIG>MAD>LHR)?
Yes. Might as well call BA anyway for the dates you want on IB.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Has anyone found an easy way to monitor redemption availability on IB? I know you can use the calendar on AA.com and this shows dates available, but I'm looking for something like Reward Flight Finder which will email me when an award seat becomes available.

IB was always one of my favourite airlines up until a few months ago as they always had reward seats available on my route (SDQ > MAD > LON) and I much prefer their J to BA's. But suddenly they seemed to delete all the availability and now there's pretty much nothing available whenever I search.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Yes. Might as well call BA anyway for the dates you want on IB.
would be nice to look at timing options and required AVIOS/£££ first - but really struggling to get options other that MAD<GIG using IB (whereas I will start at LHR)
Old Dec 10, 2022, 3:24 pm

Seems to be roughly half of the amount of Avios required on Aer Lingus for DUB-EWR/JFK than BA LHR-EWR/LHR
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:10 am

Just booked IB Club MAD <> GIG in November (plus IB Econ LHR<> MAD) for total 135k avios + £471 .. compared with 200k and £1,100 direct with BA (the savings will pretty much pay for the hotel in Rio)
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:08 am

Has anyone been able to book Iberia flights from Madrid to Latin America in business class with their 2-4-1? I have been trying for several days, to numerous destinations, only to have the booking fall over at the last hurdle.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes have done it yesterday. Seemed to be fine for me.
Haagen Daz likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes have done it yesterday. Seemed to be fine for me.
Thanks, Karfa, for giving me the fortitude to continue.

I re-entered my Amex card details manually (rather than relying on auto-fill) and the booking stuck.

God bless BA's IT.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Haagen Daz
Has anyone been able to book Iberia flights from Madrid to Latin America in business class with their 2-4-1? I have been trying for several days, to numerous destinations, only to have the booking fall over at the last hurdle.
did eventually book MAD-GIG but yes was painful
Was on hold whilst phoning BA when finally it worked
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've also booked Iberia using 2-4-1. MAD - SCL for 102,000 Avios and just £391. A real bargain compared to the BA price.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex, Flyingblue Silver
Has anyone been able to find or book business seats with Aer Lingus using 2-4-1 voucher? I can only find economy seats available but not business.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:56 am

How do you use the voucher in aer Lingus?

Hi, so sorry I have looked around the forum but I just can't get my head around this so any help would be great.
I would like to fly from Newcastle to Dublin, using my avios points and my companion voucher.
I have already move the avios from the executive club into avios.com so Aer lingus can see them (either in avios.com or on the aer Lingus site)
At this stage it gets confusing, do I go via reward flights on avios.com, if I do it allows me to use the avios but no idea where I can add in the companion voucher and their online help have no idea, genuinely when I asked, the details of a 'companion voucher' and told me to phone BA and book the aer Lingus flight over the phone with them?
Alternatively I thought I would try via aer lingus' website and again, cannot see anywhere to enter the companion voucher code?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by andydex
Hi, so sorry I have looked around the forum but I just can't get my head around this so any help would be great.
I would like to fly from Newcastle to Dublin, using my avios points and my companion voucher.
I have already move the avios from the executive club into avios.com so Aer lingus can see them (either in avios.com or on the aer Lingus site)
At this stage it gets confusing, do I go via reward flights on avios.com, if I do it allows me to use the avios but no idea where I can add in the companion voucher and their online help have no idea, genuinely when I asked, the details of a 'companion voucher' and told me to phone BA and book the aer Lingus flight over the phone with them?
Alternatively I thought I would try via aer lingus' website and again, cannot see anywhere to enter the companion voucher code?
See if this helps Booking Aer Lingus with the 241 – Head for Points
Old May 16, 2023, 5:48 am

Does anybody know if there is enhanced availability on Iberia like with BA when using the new vouchers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.