Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Both UK and US-based credit cards linked to same BAEC account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium

I've just moved from London to San Francisco, and I'm Gold on BAEC. I've got a UK-based BA Amex card. I'm interested in the medium term in getting the US-based Chase BA card. Does anyone know if I need to change my account's country to the US? And would that also mean that I need to ditch my UK-based Amex card? I tried searching the forum, but I couldn't find anything about the cards not being able to both be linked to a BAEC account. Thanks for any advice you might have!
Old Nov 25, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Others have found that the Amex points will not be deposited if you change country; they apparently are held and may be deposited if you move back to the UK. Same with Chase.
moving to USA - BA Amex & Avios help!
Confused about Avios
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Slightly OT, but re the Amex card. Not sure if you are either a US citizen, or someone with a US credit history, but I know that when I moved to the US, a lack of credit history meant that applying for anything where I needed credit history was a little tedious, however Amex were very good at reviewing my UK history and issuing me with a US-based card more or less immediately. There's not a BA Amex in the US, but there are a couple of hotel options which may be of use and you also don't have to give up your UK based card.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Awesome, thanks! I actually did a global transfer a few years ago the other way from the US to the UK to get the BA card. It sounds like the existing BA Amex card won't be useful going forward though, and I'll just cancel it. Thanks for the advice!
Captain Schmidt likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.