Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unnoticed Silver benefit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
A good point. I have no issue with, say, introducing a basic fare condition that you need to check in online within 24 hours of your flight to fully confirm your seat or something to that effect. Anyone who doesn't runs the risk of being offloaded. Of course, any definite no-shows would be first to be "filled" however I suppose the issue with that is you won't know until pretty close to the flight leaving that someone won't be flying.
Fair enough - but by your logic, airlines should never oversell flights - which they routinely do. Reservation Assurance is essentially part of the rev mgmt mix is it not?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Fair enough - but by your logic, airlines should never oversell flights - which they routinely do. Reservation Assurance is essentially part of the rev mgmt mix is it not?
Oh I don't think flights should be overbooked, no. Keep the money, but I'm firmly in the camp of sell as many seats as you have and no more. If there are no-shows, BA aren't losing money - they just are missing out on further money. That's different to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.